“Emery! You shouldn’t have spat in Axel’s face!” she states causing me and Emery to glance at one another. “What were you two arguing about anyway? I thought you two were okay with one another. Amber, I won’t tolerate Emery coming around if he disrespects Axel.”

I can’t believe what I just heard! I jump up, ready to tell my mom everything but Emery jumps up and grabs me. He whispers to me that Axel has pulled the wool so far over my mom’s eyes she wouldn’t know up from down let alone right from wrong.

He pulls back and looks to my mother. “Mrs. Richards, I apologize for the situation that took place between Axel and I. I will keep my distance from him so that this doesn’t happen again.”

My mom blows out a breath. “Fine, but you should really respect your elders. If you expect to keep seeing my daughter than I don’t want to hear about another scene between you and my fiancée.”

I roll my eyes at her statement. Did she really think she could keep me away from Emery?

Emery nods and gives me a hug before he leaves the room. I flop down on one of the bed and stare away from my mother. I couldn’t believe her!

I hear her sigh and then she sits down on the bed next to me. She reaches over to touch my leg but I move away from her.

“Amber, what has gotten into you? Why don’t we go up on deck and have a talk, huh?”

I shake my head no. “I don’t want to talk.”

Just then Axel comes in the room with a bright smile. “Why are my favorite girls sitting in here sulking? Let’s go explore this beautiful ship!”

My mom jumps up and walks toward Axel. When she’s before him, she takes his hands in hers. “Baby, I want to talk to Amber alone. Give us ten minutes okay?”

He nods and she gives him a kiss before he leaves. My mom comes back to the bed and sits back down next to me.

“So, do you want to tell me what’s wrong and why Emery and Axel were fighting? I mean to spit in someone’s face is just vile but there had to be a reason for it. Did Axel say anything to him about you two having sex?”

Once again I couldn’t believe my mother. I didn’t say anything; I just jumped off the bed and headed for the door. My mother calling my full name made me halt my steps.

“If you can’t tell me the truth, I prefer if you stay in here the rest of the trip. You can see Emery when we go to dinner and I’ll allow you to be together while we’re in the Bahamas, but I think you two should distance yourselves for a while.”

I turn to my mom and frown. “Mommy, you wouldn’t believe the truth so why bother? I’m just going to go check on Emery and I’ll be back okay.”

She just nods and I leave the room. I head to Emery’s door and knock softly. He opens and moves aside so I can walk in.

“Are you okay?” I ask and spin to him and look at his eye.

He nods. “I hope the swelling goes down before we get back home.”

“Do you have any shades?”

He nods again. He takes my hand and pulls me to the bed. We sit down and I notice I just sat on his phone. I pull it out from under my butt and see that the screen is on a message, from Noelle. A naked picture message of Noelle!

“Emery what the fuck is this?!” I scream at him, showing him the picture.

His eyes widen and then he looks at me like he was just busted.

“What the fuck?! Emery why is there a naked picture of your supermodel ex-girlfriend on your phone? And were you looking at it just now? What the fuck?”