Very Late Valentine's Side Story

A/N: so this is late, sorry! This is a side story, meaning it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY ORIGINAL PLOT!! It has my characters and that's really it. ANY scenes from it will not be mentioned unless I do a part two of this side story on another holiday. Tell me another holiday to use!

Valentines Side Story

February fourteenth. It was finally here. I stood beside my calendar, crossing out the previous day. The next one was labeled finely with a heart. Today was Valentine's day.

Just as my bubbly mood came, it went with a pop similar to one of a balloon and a needle. Who was I kidding? I had no boyfriend, so why was I getting so happy? I slumped my shoulders, planning for a day of eating ice cream and watching chick flicks. I walked downstairs and opened the freezer to be disappointed yet again.

We had yet to fill the freezer with ice cream.

I sighed, looks like I was going to be spending my money going out to fulfill my desire for chocolate ice cream with a few cherries on top. Slipping my coat on and stepping into my sandals, I headed out for the store down the street. The market was laid out where there were small ramen shops circling a grocery store in the center, with four streets leading up to it. The streets were lined with individual little stands. They sold everything from knickknacks to home-grown fruits and vegetables. I walked by the candy stand and a particular box of chocolates caught my attention.

It was in a heart shaped box, wrapped in lace with a cute little red bow in the front. I almost bought it but decided against it and walked on. I waked into the grocery store, heading straight for the frozen section and grabbing two cartons of my favorite chocolate ice cream. On a shelf at the end of the aisle were other things for a sundae. I grabbed a jar of cherries and called it good, walking to the checkout lane. The store clerk smiled and took my money, in return handing me my bag of food.

"Happy valentine's day, ma'am!" he told me as I was walking out. I seen a man standing by the door handing out small suckers to the people who walked out. He shoved one into my hand, I really didn't want it but I thanked him anyway.

I walked back the way I came and looked for the candy I had my eye on earlier. To my surprise, it was gone already. I began to wonder who had bought it. I pictured a nice man, buying it for him wife who was pregnant with their third child, waiting at home for him. He would hide it behind his back as he walked it and surprise it with her. I thought up more stories for people who could have bought it all the way home until I turned the corner to my house and saw Sasuke walking up the steps to my home. I frowned in confusion, wondering why he was at my house today. He knocked twice and waited, looking around. His eyes surveyed the street until his eyes landed on me, his frown being replaced with a slight smile.

"Hey, Konan," he said, stepping out of the way as I walked up the few steps to the door. I replied back with a simple 'hi' as I opened the door.

"Did you need something?" I asked him, trying not to be awkward.

He shook his head, "nothing urgent or anything, I just wanted to see if you were doing anything today. "

I raised a brow at him and shook my head. "Good, then lets go for a walk."

"A walk?"

"Yes."

"But why a walk?" I questioned, walking inside to put my ice cream in the freezer. Sasuke waited by the front door for me, glancing around in y house. I suddenly felt self conscious of my home. It wasn't messy, per se, just that it was small. I quickly rushed him out of my home and smiled nervously, "nevermind, nevermind, let's go."

He shrugged dismissively and walked with me, him mostly leading. We walked down the street, towards the Hokage mountain. Once we reached the stairs, he let me walk in front of him. The stairs were tall and it took five minutes to reach the top but once we did, I sighed in exhaustion. He kept walking.