Keep Dreaming

The masked man ran through the darkness. His feet making too much noise, his opponent easily trailing after him. His chakra was low, but he had enough to finish off this world once and for all.

"Obito!" His opponent called out, getting closer. He knew he didn't have much further to go. Kyuubi was waiting.

"It's no use, Naruto Uzumaki, you've already lost!" Obito yelled back. He was pleased, he'd managed to fulfill his sensei's lifelong dream, and now he will create a new world of peace. Rin will be there, and Kakashi too. They were already waiting for him.

"I won't let you get away!" Naruto's determination was not wavering and he soon heard the piercing sound of a shuriken being thrown.

Obito had no room to dodge and no chakra to slip away. It dug itself into Obito's back and he let out a aggravated yelp. His pace stalled for a second, giving Naruto another second. Seconds, that's what mattered.

Not wasting anymore time, he reached the point of no return. He could hear the Ten-Tails' roars. He had to keep going, Rin was waiting. He kept feeling the shuriken in his back move and the blood running down his back. Just keep moving, further, faster, he repeated to himself in his head.

"Kyuubi!" He heard himself gasp as he came to the rendezvous point Madara had prepared. Kyuubi was there, chained up and thrashing angrily. Madara stood a few feet away, already prepared.

"You've brought a friend," Madara stated, neither amused or annoyed.

Naruto came crashing into the field, the moon almost at its fullest. Tonight was perfect. Just as Obito prepared to throw shuriken at Naruto, Madara waved his hand, two white Zetsus emerged from the ground beside Naruto. They grabbed him roughly, holding onto his arms and locking him into place. He thrashed as much as Kyuubi, no doubt that Nine-Tails was probably trying to gain control too. "Let me go!"

Madara chuckled, "Naruto Uzumaki, just watch as your world is reduced to rubble once again."

With that, he ceased control on Kyuubi, Obito stood beside him, sinking into his final jutsu before the new world took control of everyone.

"No! I can't lose! Everyone believed in me... I won't lose!" Naruto thrashed more from behind Madara and Obito, the two Zetsus were having no trouble holding him still. "Konan.. She even believed in me..."

Obito's concentration slipped for a second, he hadn't heard the wench's name in four years. He murdered her cleanly, her death was simple, her body sank deep. He knew his mistake.

It was too late to fix it, he now already had written Konan into his new world, she wasn't planned. 'Damn you Naruto Uzumaki!' Was his final thought before the new world lapsed and the moon reflected it all.

This was where it all began.