Chapter 16: Trust

Chapter Sixteen: Trust

We traveled home in silence.

Jasper was going to be staying with us as all his "family" was dead. I had over heard the boys earlier speaking about the other gang and why they attack. Apparantly it was because the bag that the boys had given Jasper in the field had money and drugs in it. The other gang wanted it for themselves. I had no idea why i pulled that trigger, to be honest i don't even remember picking it up or even firing! I was in total shock, it took them ten minutes to snap me out of my trance and get me to release the gun.

 I don't know what i'd earned from it though, apart from a dead body and a murder of my hands. But it was self defence right? I wonder if i had gained any trust for them, i'm pretty sure that no other kidnapped person would try and protect the person that had taken my innocence, had beaten, starved and tortured me. Why did i do it? Why? I put it down to common sense, if they had killed Eli I would have be taken away again and who knows what could of happened to me then? They were much older than the boys, in there late thirties. I don't know why, but something about that felt more wrong than having boys a few years older than me do horrible things to me.

We arrived home at mid-day. I got out of the van without any of them noticing and walked indoors, i watched from the doorway as they unloaded some more bags from the back. Tristan walked around to were i was sitting, looked in and frooze.

"Where's she gone?!"

The rest of them turned there heads up towards Tristan. I didn't want to get in trouble so I closed and opened the door, causing them all look towards me. I saw them relax. Isaac smirked and turned towards Jasper.

"Looks like she's finally learning her place"

I walked into the house and waited for them to come in. I was in still complete shock. They walked in and placed the bags down. I look to the floor, I can feel all there eyes on me. I see a bag thrown towards me. I look up towards them, they nod for me to pick up the bag. I knew what was in it. Clothes. Mine were covered in grime and blood. I just didn't want to have to get changed infront of them all.

"Go and clean yourself up, take a shower, don't lock it, we don't trust you that much yet"

I've never felt myself relax so much since being here. I grabbed the bag and made my way upstairs. I opened the bathroom door, stepped in quickly and shut the door. I stripped down as quick as i could and stepped into the shower. I turned on the water and the hotness hit my skin. My body relaxed and slumped to the shower floor. I went into thinking about things. Would me killing that man really change things. Would jasper living here make my life even more hell or would it be the same? Because it sure wasn't going to get better, it never did for me. I sat there for ages in deep thought. I heard the bathroom door open and someone walk in. I didn't bother to look up, i was so used to being watched. I sat there deep in thought still. I saw in the corner of my eye the person sit on the ground next to bath. I felt a hand go on my shoulder and then go up and pull on my hair slighty. They wanted my attention, I looked up to see who was there, It was Eli. I jumped a little, I went to stand up, but he pushed on my shoulder telling me to stay sat down. I wiped the water from my eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't know it was you" I apologized. I turned to to face him. He was bent over with his head on his knees. Also in deep thought. I sat there scared to move. The silence was intense. He finally let out a sigh and looked up.

"How did you learn to load and fire like that?" He glared at me then continued "That shot was impossible, straight through the ear hole and through the brain, either a really lucky shot or you've been taught"

I swallowed hard.

I stood up and grabbed a shampoo bottle and started to wash my hair. Trying to avoid the subject.