Chapter 15: Gangs

Chapter fifteen. Gangs

We had only been traveling for about fifteen minutes to get "home". Strange i could of sworn it took aleast half an hour. I was still in the back of the van, they had changed cars for some reason. The doors opened, light hit and blinded me. Covering my eyes with my hands, I felt to hands grabbed either side of my waist and pulled my body fowards and out of the van. My feet landed on the floor. 

My eyes eyes had adjusted. I looked around at my surroundings. Woods. Oh gawd, there going to kill me and leave my body here. I looked up at Eli, he was smiling at me. He was so intimidating. I gulped. He pulled out a gun from his pocket and placed it beside my head. My eyes started to well up. This was it. The end. He push me foward and told me to start walking. The rest of the boys followed. I tripped over a tree root, it was covered by leaves so i didn't see it. I was pulled back up to my feet by my hair and pushed foward again. 

We walk deeper and deeper into the forest. Being in a wood, reminded me of the night i was taken and of Marcy. Marcy. My heart stopped i missed her so badly. A tear ran my cheek, I wiped it away quickly not wanting them to see me break down. We came to studden stop in a round opening. It was about the size of a football pitch. Just plain mud and over grown grass which came up to my waist. 

We stood there in silence for rougly about ten minutes, when i heard sticks being snapped and the moving of the trees far ahead at the opposite end of the opening. I saw six figures emerge from the trees and make there way towards us, I looked around at the boys, they were slowly pulling out their guns and holding them just out of sight. Oh god, there going to be a shoot up and i'm in the middle of it. I tried stepping backwards and tugged out of Eli's grip. He pulled tighter. I felt him go stiff, he sternly whispered down to me.

"Don't try it. Girl."

My body went stiff. The men approached toward us, I could now see them all clearly. They all had a muscualr build, they either wore a white t.shirt or a black hoody. They all had similar hair cuts, long and shaggy, typical surfy hair either brown, black or blonde. They stood still a few feet infront of us. By the looks on there faces they ment buisness. The middle one spoke.

"It nice to see you again boys, do you have what you owe me?"

Tristan stepped foward.

"Yes we have it all here, every last note Jasper"

I watch them all closely for any sudden movements. Jasper look at the boys then turned down and studied me, practically undressing me with his eyes. I turned my head away from him. I heard him chuckle.

"Didn't know you were into kidnapping boys, going up in the world i see!"

I heard footsteps come close to me, cold hand grabbed my face and pulled me to look towards Jasper, he moved head side to side examing me like i was an item. I felt sick. He put one of his fingers on my lips and to rub them. I went to open my mouth to bite his finger, but he moved back to quickly laughing.

"Fiesty one isn't she." He stated.

Eli answered him.

"Yes, she is indeed, she needs to know her place, she's forgotten it lately." He swiped his gun around the top of my head. I grabbed my head in pain. Ouch! I took my hands away and glared up at him vemon in my eyes.

The men laughed. Isaac walked foward with a black bag and handed it to Jasper. Jasper looked inside bag, smiled and then threw it to a short boy on the end of the line. He nodded towards everyone. Everyone relaxed and put back there guns. Pheww! I guess it went well then. We walked into the woods again and stopped beside and river. They sat down in a circle and starting discusing things that i personaly found boring. I was placed in between Eli legs, my hands we tied behind me, digging into my skin.  They spoke for hours on end, it was starting to get dark. 

Woods atmospheres can suddenly change with lack of light. They had all fallen asleep next a fire they had made hours ago. I was sitting in the same place. I started to feel roundthe floor and found a sharp rock, the ropes binding my hands together wern't very thick so it cut really easily. I stood up and walked away from where they were sleeping. I decided to sit by the river, and not go too far, so that they could see me and i wouldn't get in too much trouble for going off. But right now I just wanted some time alone to think. I layed myself down by bank and started to drift of to sleep, when i heard a sudden gun shot. I bolted up straight and crawled army style up the bank.

I could hear swearing and  heavy foot steps runnig around. I got to the top of the bank and looked towards the camp. There were twelve new men running around and opening fire at the boys. I lay down close the mud and watched on. Three of the new men were shot down dead. Many of them tok cover behind trees and a couple behind a black jeep that was now there. A few from Jaspers clans had been shot down. After what seemed ten minutes, the twelve men we now reduced down to six and everyone apart from Jasper in his group was dead. Noah was down, but not dead.

The rest of the boys were still shooting and well. I watched all of them intently. I was missing one of the men, where had he gone?! I started to back down the bank. I turned over onto my back. I closed my eyes, and started to quicken my breathing.  When i opened my eyes again. A face was stareing down at me. Before i had chance to scream he place his hand over my mouth. He grabbed me up and put me over his shoulder. I kicked and punched with all my might. He walked up the bank and towards the jeep. A bullet just missed my head. I screamed in shock. He roughly placed me down to floor and started to shot at someone. 

I saw Eli coming towards us opening fire at the man who had me. Oh great i thought! He's going to kill me! Eli came closer and closer to the two of us. After he got close enough , I heard him speak. 

"Let the girl go!" 

The man laughed and opened fire again. He hit Eli in the shoulder, Eli went down in pain. He gun flying out of his hands and landing a few cm's infront of me. The man walked over to the Eli and placed the gun towards his face. He pulled back the trigger ever so slowly.I squeezed my eyes shut.

BANG!

A gun went off. I opened my eyes, slowly and saw the man slowly fall to the ground. Dead. Eli stood up slowly looking around in shock. Who had shot him? I looked around, to find the fight had stopped. The boys and Jasper the only remaining survivors. They were all staring at me. Why?! I looked around and found the gun that had shot him. The hands holding it were trembling, followed by shaking arms and the tears of a scared girl. That girl was so full of hatred and adrenaline, she hadn't even relised she took those sudden actions and took the gun and fired. That girl was in shock. That girl was me.

I'd shot him, killed him. 

Dead.