Chapter 4: The Journey (Rewritten)

I felt like I was moving... floating.
So this is what heaven is like? It feels .... bumpy?

I jolt had me awake, springing me into action. I looked around too see I was back in the van. The van going across very bumpy surfaces.

I wasn't dead?

I pull my hands too my head to feel sticky now cold blood matted in my hair. I brought my fingers now back down to eye view to figure what had happened.
I'm guessing ... he had just struck me very hard with the gun.

"Morning sunshine" Broke my trail of thought.

I snapped up too Eli, smirking at me. I felt a pang of fear spark in me as I tried to bring my legs up to tuck them into me.
But me legs weren't moving from the floor.
I lent over to inspect my feet too now register my ankles felt tight. They were bound together and then tied off to a loop that was on the vans floor.

Flicking my eyes back up to my captor, he smiled triumphantly over at me. I avoid any further eye contact and decided to focus my attention on anything but.

"What are we going to do now with her now then?" asked Noah. he looked into the vans mirror back at me I as I snuck a glance up at him.

Eli stayed silent for a moment in thought. I didn't want to know his answer if I'm honest. And whatever his plan was, mine was to escape.

"What ever we want to do to her, she's ours now" A grin spead across his face big like a cheshire cat.

I tried desperately try to retain my composure. A lump forming in my throat as I listen into to their plans.

"Shame about the other one, two would of made a grand prize" pondered Isaac.
He was literally speaking about my best friend like she a gift, an item. I bit the inside of my cheek remembering the promise they had made earlier of cutting my tongue out if I spoke out of line. But there was only so much I could take.

"I think that other think was too feisty, no man wants an unruly woman. Breaking that thing in would of taken months" He added on. I felt the fury get more uncomfortable inside me, I was either going to cry or lash out. It took a lot for me to react.

I sensed Eli could feel my anger in the air. I made sharp contact with his eyes from my seat. He pulled out another cigarette, lit it and took a long drag whilst never taking his eyes off. "Something too say girl?"

I spat at his feet, instantly regretting it and he moved from his seat closer to where I was. My eyes widened in pure fear as I tried to create distance as he closed in.
He really was a big bad wolf closing in on me.
His calmness scared me further. Exhaling his smoke straight into my face, I turned away in disgust.

Although I didn't get my head very far as he harshly grabbed my jaw. I could feel how rough his hands were. Skin that felt like they had been used for hard Labour.
"You will show me and my men respect at all times" my body automatically nodding to try and get myself out of this mess. "Spitting is also a very dirty habit" as he held me in his hand, his eyes soaking in mine.

After what felt like ages, he released his hold on me. Casually taking another drag of his smoke.

The van came too a slow, I looked out the front drivers window too see we had pulled up to an old abandoned gas station. Old cars were still parked next to the pumps where there owners had left them and ran for fear of life during the virus.

The metal work and shop were rusting and paintwork had all but flaked off.

A sorry reminder of the old world and how things used to be.

On another note, why had we stopped?

"Ransack the shop for any resources and see if those pumps have any remaining fuel left in them" - my question had been answered.

I watched and heard as the car in front of us containing Tris and Ollie opened a closed with haste. The men in the van followed suit, stretched their arms out to release any stiffness. Watching them made me realise that my own arms and legs would love a good stretch too. My position I was tied up in wasn't exactly the most comfortable.

They all exited the vehicles, leaving me there forgotten.
I waited for a while as I could hear them outside the van pulling stuff apart, my guess was the cars, also emptying petrol tanks into canisters was my second thought.

How much longer would they be? It was super hot in and here anddd oh no.... I had to pee again! Always the wrong timing Indie.
I tried to hold it in but they took their time doing whatever it they were doing.

I had to take drastic measures else I was going too pee my pants. Lifting my hands up and putting them to fists, I pounded on the side of the van. No response.

Just then I headed a screech. A car?
Oh my god, maybe it was a good person? They could help me.
I pressed my ear towards the van side to get a better picture of what was going down. The conversation was muffled through the metal walls but I could make it out.

"Eli sir, I have the guns just like you asked for"

"Very good Joshua, now be on your way back to Micheal and tell him not to fuck with me again"

I decided it was now or never.

"HELPPPP!" I screamed and banged on the van making as much noise as I could. "HELP ME PLEASE" screaming had brought my heart rate up causing me to panic and my voice broke into that of sobs.

The man outside clearly heard me "what was that? Do you have a female?! Micheal would love to know about that one"

I heard a scuffle, then a struggle. Then the sound of a gun going off.

"Sorry Josh but we couldn't have you running off and taking people about our prize now. We'd have half the regions try and challenge us"

They'd just killed him?!

The gravel ground crunched as the footsteps got closer to the van. Oh shit, I was in for it. The door all but practically flew open, I was met with a furious looking pair of eyes.

"Can we help you girlie?"

I bite my lip, deciding to flip the subject hopefully away from the now dead josh.

"I need to pee"

"Piss yourself then"

"Ahh Eli, I just cleaned the carpets" one of them grumbled behind him.

With that in came Mr leader stepping up into the van, I scurried away quickly in fright of how fast his movements were.
Untying me by the feet he pulled me out the van. I went to loose balance backwards.

I couldn't exactly steady myself with my hands bound now could I? as I went to make impact with the floor, hands sunk into my upper arms steadying me. "Careful little mouse" Isaac glared down at me whilst continuing "there's an old rest room around the back you can piss in. Any funny business although it does amuse us, will have consequences. Understand?"

"Yes" i all but whispered out.

I was marched forward towards to back of the shop, I could smell the toilet before I even reached it. The smell of old urine burnt my eyes. Gross.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?