Chapter 50

"Hey, what's wrong?" Mew asked, looking a bit matured, massaging Gulf's shoulders.

Gulf was wearing glasses and seated on the table covered in thick medical books that were open and highlighted. Then in between the books were scribbled papers, color pencils and just blank papers.

He took off his glasses when Mew showed up and rubbed his eyes.

"Why so tired. You have knots on your shoulders." Mew pointed out.

"You wouldn't believe what happened today?" Gulf mumbled feeling good from the massage he was getting.

"Wan again?"

"She is only five years old but the behavior she is  showing is that of a ten year old." Gulf complained.

"What has she done?"

"I got called by the Luna administration again and they asked me to talk to her."

"She's not listening?" Mew went around Hulf and sat down on the chair next to his mate.

"She is not. Apparently she was paring same sex couples and instructing them to be each other's mates. The administration said the influence might affect the minds of the kids as they grow up and might cause complications later on."

"Did you talk to her?"

"Yes, I told her it's not up to her to make that decision and she was upset."

"She is a kid. It's ok."

"I'm beginning to doubt it. Ever since we refused her to visit my mother again, she is just becoming arrogant daily."

"You think you can grant her that wish?" Mew softly asked with a smile on his face.

"She turned into a pup for the first time in the house. A human house."

"She can control it now."

"No. I'm not risking it again. And why would she even turn that early? And does my genes not matter in her body? She's just 99.9% wolf and has none human trait in her dna." Gulf finished rambling with a hint of frustration in his voice.

"That can't be true." Mew soothed the man, "She has some of your features."

"Just talk to her will you? I'm being called every other day and it's disturbing my studying." Gulf finished putting back his glasses on.

"How's it going by the way? You know you could've just joined the Luna administration but you chose the hard way."

"No I made a choice to revamp the medical department in this pack because who diagnoses pregnancy as cancer?" Gulf mocked still shocked from the events of the past.

"This is a lot of studying." Mew whined, "And the pack doctors are not happy with you making them study."

"I make them pictures and they study through pictures. Imagine if I made them learn the letters and read books?"

"That would've been awful." Mew agreed, "But I see how it's taking a toll on you. You still have to finish your dekree too."

"It's called a degree. I'm almost done. Just 2 more years."

Gulf had started studying as soon as he had the baby. Five years ago. He was studying by himself using books and past exam papers. He would go to the human world to study videos and enroll in online classes. And he was now in his fifth year majoring in medicine and a minor in veterinary medicine.

It was too much but that's the contribution he wanted to bring. Especially now that they had half human and half wolf in the pack. He wanted to be able to treat his baby girl without fearing misdiagnosis from the wacky doctors. He was having them study through pictures too.