Chapter 17

AN: Sorry for the late update. Haven't been feeling well for the past week☹️

In the alpha quarters,

"Luna," Alpha J came in with big strides. He hadn't seen his wife ever since the invasion started.

"Luna," he called out relived as he embraced his wife in a warm hug.

He inspected her from her hair to her toes. She didn't have any wounds on her body. He sighed relieved.

"Honey, I don't feel so good about our son." She  lamented in her husband's arms.

The report was going to come at day break and for now they had to wait.

So they waited. Anxiously.

"But honey, how could they attack on such an important day?"

Alpha thought about it. This was called a perfect attack. When the enemy attacked during a gathering. It usually happened when the information was leaked and he couldn't help but think that is what had happened.

At day break, Jules came in the Alpha's quarters and went right to the Alpha's office.

"Alpha!!"

He greeted with a respectful bow. Alpha looked up at his commander.

The guilt stricken face he had was an announcement in itself. It was now a matter of gravity of the news.

"Alpha," Jules called, not knowing how to convey the news he had.

Alpha knew then he had to be prepared for what his commander was about to say,

"Junior Luna and the baby are missing."

Alpha shut his eyes and deeply; defeated .

Luna who had been outside anxiously waiting outside barged in the office when she heard about the baby. "You mean...?"

Jules bowed in regret and in greeting. "Yes Luna, your grandson is missing."

"How about her mother?" She asked worried about Becky.

"She is here and safe."

Alpha looked and her wife and smiled sadly. He knew she had to go. She smiled back sadly and the alpha gave her a go ahead nod.

As soon as Luna left, Alpha left with Jules on his tail. The two headed straight to Mew's house.

Upon entering the house, the smell of medicine was overpowering. The two seniors scrunched their noses but still went deeper in the house looking for the source of this stench.

In the basement, Mew, Mild and Luke laid with their flesh out in the open. Wounds inflicted by mere humans healed faster and wounds inflicted by wolves in human form healed normal then wound inflicted by a wolf took forever to heal.

The three of them had received quite some damage on their body.

"Your son is missing." The alpha dropped the bomb without preparing him. He was in a hurry.

Mew looked up shocked then he looked at Luke.

Luke briskly stood up ignoring his pain and apologized. Luke was supposed to have led Becky and his son to safety then come back to battle. 

"An apology is not what I yearn for right now commander!" Mew went in leader mode, "I need an explanation."

However an explanation was something Luke could not give.

"My apologies leader."

He couldn't explain his reasons. At least not when the alpha and his father were standing there.