Chapter 49

I heard y'all.
Thanks for checking up on me. I'm doing ok just been busy.  I been dating 💅and getting married 💍you know, the usual stuff. Moved to a new place and have settled now. So I can update! Yay!!

Happy Reading.

A moment of silence engulfed the pack grounds.

The baby alpha was a girl.

They all knew that it was an alpha. There was no doubts with the bevaiour Gulf had shown. The knights and warriors had seen Gulf choke a rogue to death just a few hours ago there was no mistaking that but it was a girl?

The elder looked at the senior council, his eyes asking what should I do? The seniors looked away to avoid the encounter. There was no mistaking an alpha was born. And again, the Luna goddess had chosen yet another complicated way for the pack. It hadn't happened before. And now they stood there perplexed with no one moving.

They had to start preparing for the ceremony. But the elder didn't know how to begin it. Do they change the process since the baby was a girl? Do they make it more special or less special? Do they change their ceremonial chants?

There was a lot of questions and no one seemed to know the answers.

Vin had been there watching the seniors contemplate on what to do. He moved to get in their line of view to get noticed. He stood there challenging them to do something else. He folded his arms and waited for the announcement.

Just then Jules stepped out of no where, his face full of guilt. The memories of his son refusing to leave him. He had seen his son and he had seen  how the change had made him look like a totally different wolf. He wasn't feeling great. He was tired. Exhausted.

"Maybe..." he started his voice laced with regret and guilt.

"Maybe it's time we let the Luna goddess take control. Maybe we should step back and let nature take its course."

"But this is not nature!" one senior argued.

"So you're saying the alpha had a say on his mate choice and the birth of his daughter? Clearly the Luna goddess planned all this. The more we stand in their way, the more we're creating discord in the pack. With all the Bittè connection going on, what more could go wrong?" Jules finished and stepped back in the darkness.

Alpha J, who had been thinking all this while, weighing the situation  stepped out his chest puffed out.

"The ceremony will begin," he announced, "everyone get ready." He looked up and the moon was beginning to come out of the clouds. "Get ready." He barked and that's when everyone started moving. In all his thinking he had come to one conclusion. It was better to support an alpha Girl than to have the alpha heritage taken away from their  household. It was the last time they were having a direct bloodline of an alpha in their family.

They had to set up a big fire. They had to get meat and water from the Luna administration for the ceremony. The juniors went about to get ready, a bit shaken. The seniors perplexed by Alpha J's position in all this. They thought he was going stand his ground but they guessed the senior council's days of reign had officially come to an end.

They got ready for the ceremony. Vin and Mild got ready too. Mild had learned about it growing up. He directed where to put things on the camp ground.

They prepared a soft bed that was brought out by the Luna administration for the baby during the ceremony. There was a pair of new scissors next to the bed. And some towels and soft blankets.

In the center of the camp grounds, a large metal bowl was filled with water collected from the sacred pure creek and was placed next to the fire.

In an hour or so, everyone was gathered in their respective seating arrangements. In front of the fire, where the baby's makeshift crib stood were chairs of the alpha and his council, then the senior council's chairs were spread right behind them.