Chapter 24

They went to  Mew's house and straight to the basement. Mew threw Luke on the bed carelessly. Luke flopped on the bed with a groan.

"Who is he?"

"You know him."

"Who is it?"

"Canny."

Mew thought if there was a Canny he knew. But
"You mean Cannon? Cannon who disappeared? Was he not declared dead?"

"He is not dead!" Luke angrily replied.

"Then did he come back?"

"No,"

"Where did you see him?"

"During the Bittè attack,"

"Huh?" The confusion was serious.

"He is in Bittè Mew,"

"Why?"

Luke kept quiet not willing to share the events of that night.

"I have to tell them the truth if you can't." He said going towards the door.

"What are you going to say?"

"That I have male mate and you have a male mate too."

"Luke you cannot do that!"

"They'll understand if I tell them about you too." The frustration was heavy in his voice. He sounded so desperate as if this was his last chance.

"No we'll just get killed."

"They can't kill you." Luke argued.

"Those men are ruthless. They'll annihilate anything that goes against their beliefs Luke." Especially his father.

"That's why we have to stand up to them together." Luke's logic was teaming up against the council would bring a better result. There is strength in numbers was the motto he was going with.

But Mew was not ready. "We cannot do that. It'll cause chaos."

"So are you ok with all this? Hiding behind a human girl and making your mate suffer endlessly? He'll never be happy as long as the current alpha and his council are around. Now that the baby is gone think about it truly, what you really need in your life. Because at this rate many wolves will be leaving and dying because they can't hide like you."

Luke left Mew's house for his. He wanted Canny. He wanted Cannon. He wanted to snuggle with him. He wanted to ask him how he was doing and knowing where he was was making it hard for him to hold back. He was having a hard time.

Mew should have paid more attention to Luke that day because he had signs of distress. No it was more than distress. It was depression. And a depressed wolf was never a good thing.

Surprisingly, the following week had been quiet.

Too quiet.

As if it was calm before a storm.

Becky was still mourning the death of her baby. She had heard the news of Gulf's injury and how he was most likely going to get deaf when he woke up. She didn't know how to feel about that. Or she had better things to worry about.

Mew had been given time to grieve too. The council was giving them time off. It must've been hard, they sympathized.

Mild was either at the training grounds or at the pack hospital looking after Gulf. He had warned Mew not to come to the hospital because he felt Gulf would find it uncomfortable. He told him he was going to call him when he woke up.