Chapter 9

Was that not good news? Mild thought.

"Pregnant? Who is pregnant?" Becky asked showing that she is following the conversation going in the room. And as the only person in the room capable of being pregnant.

"Pregnant?" Mew asked confused too. How was she pregnant? Whose pregnancy was it?

Mew looked at Luke with an accusatory gaze. "You made the girl pregnant?" He asked disappointment too.

Luke shook his head rapidly his eyes wide open. He pointed at Mew meaning it was him who was responsible.

Mew frowned confused.

Alpha sighed.

"I called for a meeting with the council and I'm on my way to there but what? You have an alpha child in a human's body and she is not mated?"

He came out of the secret room and sat on the couch in the basement.

What was he going to present to the council? The male mate or the pregnant female? All this under the human topic.

"Father..." Mew called coming out of the secret room.

"Just save it. The disappointment I have in you right now is immeasurable." He stood up his decision already made. He left without another word.

Mew went back in the secret room. He was fuming. Telling lies to your leader was one thing, but lying about a serious issue like this was totally uncalled for.

"Before I lose it Beta, start talking!!" He muttered dangerously low, his forehead creased making his eyes look even more scarier.

"Can you start from the very beginning. I want to know what happened to me." Gulf made a request and Mild didn't dare to make a joke. He narrated the events of the first day they all crossed paths.

"So you are telling me you guys are the animals I saw that day?" Gulf couldn't believe his ears. These people were animals?

"To be precise he was the animal that attacked you that day." Mild said pointing at Mew.

The betrayal he felt.

Mew stood up straight flustered, "It was not a bad attack."  He explained himself. "It was a 'it's good to see you, I've been waiting for you for a long time' type of attack."

"So..." Mild continued to narrate how the bite affected Gulf and he got sick.

"So let me get this straight. I got sick because he bit me?" Gulf interrupted again.

"Basically." Mild nodded nonchalantly.

Gulf turned to Mew, "Why did you bite me?" He asked again. Because no matter how many time he thought, it didn't sound like a good bite.

"I was happy to see you. It's a bonding bite. One you only give to your lover." That shoo-shed Gulf from disturbing the story telling time.

Then Mild arrived at the part where both of them went unconscious and they had to figure out how to save them before die.

All this while Becky was quiet still hung up on the fact that she might be pregnant with Gulf's mate's child which might turn out to be a werewolf too. Oh she had researched alright. She looked up the terms they were using and realized it was a wolf thing.

The lunar eclipse part came and Mew wanted to be mad until Mild mentioned Gulf was coughing blood and was in his last minutes and they overcame that moment with the mating mark.

No one could be mad.

Becky couldn't be mad she was used because her friend's life was in danger. She had begged them to save him.

Gulf couldn't be mad at all this when his life almost ended.

Mew couldn't be mad at the mess when his mate's life was saved like this.

Now they had to take care of the aftermath. How was he going to take care of this mess? Alpha had detected the pregnancy. He was presenting a case to the council but he wasn't sure which case was being presented.

They all went quiet trying to grasp the harsh reality they were faced with. Death was still imminent and they were all tense.

"But why did he bite me instead of others? Why were not happy to see others?" Gulf broke the silence.

"Good question." Mild replied.

"We are wolves, and each wolf has a mate." Mew gently explained as if he were explaining it to a toddler. "Like a soul mate. The lunar goddess gifts each wolf with a soul mate and as soon as they meet, when the time is right, the wolf knows. And I knew you were my soulmate the moment I saw you."

"Even though I'm a man?" Gulf asked.

"The lunar goddess had a reason for giving me you." Even though he didn't know that reason. 

"So we're going to start dating?"

Mild laughed fondly. He was pure.

"The bite you have on your neck equals an unbreakable marriage. If you die I'll die." Mew explained.

"I'm married?"

Mild chuckled. Sooo pure. He cooed.

"Then what does that make me?" Becky questioned feeling bad. The mood came down again.

Gulf's heart started hurting again. He held his chest with a frown on his face. He was in pain. He looked at Becky and almost felt suffocated with pain.

He couldn't bear with the pain so he turned to Mew with a pout on his face, his lips trembling, tears seated on his eyelashes.

Mew felt his heart going warm. He went to his mate and embraced him. "I'm right here." He comforted.

"It hurts." He cried softly. But it was like magic,   longer Mew stayed by his side, the more he felt at ease. He felt safe.

Luke awed at them too, glad that the truth was in the open. Glad seeing them like this. Canny, he thought and Lucas whined.

Mild felt burdened for his leader.

Mew had every problem a wolf could have. Having his link closed. This issue hadn't been solved. Then having a male mate, then having a pregnant human. He didn't wish to be him at all. The baggage was too much.

They heard footsteps coming from upstairs indicating people were in Mew's house.

"🤫 shh," Mew whispered and everyone almost stopped breathing. He covered Gulf's head tucking it in his neck protectively.

The basement door opened and someone walked down the stairs.

Mew waited and he squeezed Gulf protectively when his father opened the door to the secret room.

"The council has come to you." He announced

This was invasion of Mew's space and Suppasit did not appreciate it.

"Father you can't bring your council in my den!" He snarled unpleased.

"We summoned you but your link is closed. Isn't it ridiculous that we can't summon you properly? You are the one inconveniencing us right now."

The father sneered at the posture the two males were taking. Gulf's face was completely hidden in Mew's neck.

"Let's go. You're presenting your mate right now."

"Father I can't do that. I'm not letting you kill him." He stood his ground.

"Stop right now with this madness. I have a group of councils upstairs. If you don't want your abomination to be known stop right now." The alpha scolded his teeth gritted.

"They are going to know either way. Isn't you want me to present him before the council?"

"The person you're presenting to the council is not him,"

The alpha turned at Becky,

"You're presenting her as your pregnant mate!!"