Chapter 3

"We have to kill him."

"Then I'll have to die too father." Mew reminded.

"So what do you expect me to do? Let you have a male mate? You're an alpha son and never in any universe are you allowed to have a male mate!"

But he already has a male mate. Mild wanted to say but he kept quiet.

"He has to die son. I can't have him living knowing you put his mark on him."

Mew was about to talk when his father said,

"I'll make sure you'll stay alive. I'll do everything it takes to make you stay alive but he has to die before the council finds out."

"Father..."

"That's the only option you have. One of you has to die and it can't be you."

The human stayed there hearing a debate of how his life was about to be taken away from him.

"What about his life? We can just send him back to his family."

"He has your mark on his neck. You should have thought about his life before you marked him."

"Suppasit w-

-The fact that you can't control your wolf is an embarrassment in itself, so shut it." The father scolded.

Mew went quiet.

"Bring him to the dungeon right now."

Mew couldn't comply. Yes his mate was a human. Yes his mate was a male. Yes he didn't want a male mate but it was his mate. His fated mate. How could he agree to kill him easily. He had been waiting for this moment all his life. He had received a lot of training on alpha and his Luna duties. Training on their responsibilities. And he couldn't wait to get his mate. His Luna.

The alpha was walking out when Mew blocked his way and went on his knees.

"Father please." He begged.

"Do you want to die?"

"Kill me instea

Mild jumped when he heard a slap before Mew could finish his statement.

"How can you say that to my face?!!!" The alpha was fuming. "Over a human?"

He was not a mere human though. He was his Luna.

The alpha turned to Mild. "Give me the keys."

What keys? Mild wanted to play dump but the slap from earlier was still resonating in his ears so he willingly handed over the keys to the basement door. The alpha kept on looking at him. It was not an invitation to a staring contest but a silent order; one he understood so well.

He climbed out of the basement and left the house altogether. He had a destination in mind. Finding Luke. He didn't wait to see the alpha locking up the two in the basement. The alpha needed to discuss the situation with his Luna to find a solution. To see how they could save their son from death.

It was before 7 am and Luke was already on the training ground with the senior fighters. Mild watched from afar not wanting to disturb their training in progress.

An hour later, Mild was still waiting, taking a nap.

"Yo!!" Luke woke him up drenched in sweat.

"You stink. Couldn't you have taken a shower before you woke me up?" Mild complained yawning and stretching.

"I sensed your despair. You were sighing too much in your sleep. What's up?"

"Leader has caused trouble." Mild sighed.