Chapter 48

At Bittè, the sombre atmosphere was engulfed with fear when the guards at the border spotted rogues.

Alpha rogues!!!

They linked but Vin's link had been closed off. Even after Canny came barging in his room, Vin somehow got some strength to get up but he was not fazed. He was sure Xav could handle that.

"Alpha, Rogues have been spotted around the border. Canny announced with his eyes fearful. His boyfriend Luke was patrolling at the border so if rogues came in Luke would be at the frontline and that was scary.

Vin opened his link and Xav came through first.

Rogues alpha~

You can handle that much Xav. He linked back trying to get ready to stand up. 

They were seen in the southern border~ Xav informed.

Vin paused. He wanted to pinpoint something wrong with what Xav had said but he didn't know what it was.

You said they were spotted were?~

In the southern border.~

Do you mean on no man's land?~

I think so. I'm on the way to the border right now to asses the situation.~

Something felt wrong but Vin went in Alpha mode first.

Did you do the invasion announcement already? ~

Yes, I have the children and the women to safety and we have all lines ready. But alpha are you forgetting something? ~

I think I am but I can't figure out what it is.~

If they're on no man's land they're probably going...~

Xav stopped linking. He went quiet. Vin waited and then tried to finish the sentence in his head.

They were probably going to...

Alpha, they're headed to Oaklagen. ~ Xav finished and Vin went in mate mode. He transformed and sprinted out his house almost knocking over Canny who was still leaving the premises.

Make sure nothing goes wrong. Get me the frontline ready. We're going to Oaklagen~ Vin instructed.

Oaklagen had been reluctant. They hadn't been training as fiercely as they used to. Not with the constant homosexual issue being forced on them. They were not prepared for rogue invasion. They were not ready. It's like the rogues knew with how they avoided Bittè and instead headed towards Oaklagen. It was unexpected and a little bit too late when the knights spotted the first rogue. Mew was alerted first and getting Mild was out of the question. The wolf was in heat and the rogues would only want to mate him.

He barked orders in the link. This is when having a commander came in handy but too bad Mew hadn't solved that.

He linked his mother to get the pups and their mothers to safety because Gulf had refused to be in charge. Besides he was just a human. There was nothing he could do. He was sure the pregnant male was sleeping somewhere in his quarters.

He sprinted towards the border and for some reason he came a bit late. There were juniors in the front line and a few seniors were surrounding one rogue. Was it dead? Mew wondered as he went closer.

He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Step away what are you doing watching?" He was fuming at the sight infront of him.

It's not that the seniors were mere spectators but they were shook because how was this possible?

They snapped out of it when Mew dismantled Gulf from the red eyed creature. It was the second time this had happened but this time more serious. Mild had been surely lucky when Gulf attacked him for being disrespectful. He had taken a growling Gulf from Mild. Mild has been pinned on the ground and Gulf blaring his human teeth at him. They were normal teeth but that was wolf behavior. And now Gulf had choked a wolf to death and the seniors could only watch.