Chapter 19

In the five days that Gulf and the baby were missing, someone was going crazy.

Literally going crazy.

"My dear," the Luna called gently to the depressed mother, "you have to stay strong." She had been checking up on Becky as often as possible after the abduction of her baby.

Becky internally scoffed. Stay strong? For what?

"Being a mother means you have to be strong willed and strong minded."

Tears dropped from Becky's eyes and landed on her hands. She was sitting up in bed looking down at her empty arms. The place where her baby laid just a week ago. Now it was empty.

She gave up her life. She gave up a luxurious comfortable life to save her bestfriend but she didn't know that her bestfriend was going to betray her like this.

She had seen everything go down the day Bittè attacked. From the moment Mew tried to protect her and the baby to Luke coming to get her to safety. She had crouched on the ground when Luke got attacked. She watched how Luke didn't fight back the wolf and almost dropped the baby and how Gulf took the baby and got captured after telling the enemies he was the Luna

She had watched everything take place.

Why did he tell them he was the Luna? He was supposed to have hidden his identity to protect himself and the baby but he willingly told them he was the Luna and they took him and the baby too.

The anger she felt.

The regret she was feeling.

The hatred that was brewing in her heart was erasing all the years of friendship between herself and Gulf. Their friendship had already been going through a hard time during her pregnancy. She had tried to tolerate him after the birth of the baby but Gulf playing tricks and disappearing just to get Mew' attention was low.

He should've known she needed Mew too. They were just starting a family for crying out loud. She and her baby needed Mew's presence but Gulf had stolen that away from her. She was the mate everyone knew.

Imagine the embarrassment she went through when everyone saw her walking alone with the baby. How they wondered what had happened to Mew. How they questioned Mew's where about every single time they saw her because they were used to seeing them together. How every single time she came up with a lie. All because of Gulf. She was the mate everyone knew. Hell she was the mother of Mew's baby.

She felt angry.

She felt so angry.

She shouldn't have saved him that night.

She shouldn't have gone through everything for them. They didn't understand what pregnancy did to one's body. Her slender fatless body was gone. How was she supposed to love herself again when no one was there to remind her that she was beautiful. When Gulf had taken Mew away from her.

The Luna kept on talking but she was deep in her head.

Mew hadn't come to see her. He hadn't come to comfort her longing heart after her son was gone. She was the mother. She was the mate everyone knew. Why hadn't he come to her?

After a while of the Luna telling her to be strong, she left with the promise of coming back again to check on her.

As soon as the Luna left, she went to Mew's house to ask him. She had to know why he had acted that way.

She arrived at the house and there an argument was taking place.

In the house, loud voices boomed against the walls and she couldn't tell what was going on. So she went and opened the door slightly. They wouldn't hear her anyway.

"I already told you that your mate has deceived everyone and connived with the enemy."

She recognized alpha's voice.

"But still marking someone else is taking it far. Father he is going to die in the worst way possible. And he is only a human."

That was Mew and the subject of the argument was Gulf.

"He sold your son to the enemy."

Becky held her mouth in shock. Exactly what she was thinking. It was true after all. Mew's silence confirmed the truth of alpha's claims.

She was shaking, eavesdropping on father and son spewing what she needed to hear.

"He was supposed to protect you and your family as a mate but instead he turned his back on us. He was bad luck just as predicted. Trust me son and complete a mating ceremony with the human girl. Your pack knows her and they've accepted her. She can bear you another son or more.  She is still young. Forget about that traitor."

It felt wrong.

"I'm sorry father I can't. I'll go to Bittè myself to rescue him. He is my mate and I'll stand by his side no matter what happens."

Becky wanted to ask him what about her? What was she to him?

"You're doubting him though." Alpha J pointed out and it was true. Mew had started doubting Gulf. Some things just didn't add up.

"I still have to hear his side of the story. I have to hear what happened from him."

"Why are you not worried about your son? Mew you're a father and the lack of concern when it comes to your family is disconcerting."

"My family is not here though." Mew was tired now. They have been going at it for a while.

"Have you checked on your wife?"

"Father she is not my wife."

Becky shook her head painfully. The rejection she was facing was the last thing she wanted given her condition.

"She is the mother of your son." Alpha J reminded.

"It was only a cosplay that you planned father. I have a mate and I was bonding with him-

-Before he betrayed you?"

"Father enough!!" Mew was done.

"If you don't seriously think about mating the human girl, I'm bringing your case to the council. Walre and Jules have caught wind of this and it can't be hidden anymore."

Becky didn't know how she made it back but she found herself standing in her bedroom. Spacing out.

She wobbled to the bathroom and turned the shower on. The cold water felt heavy as if someone was shoving her down. She sat down trying to wrap her head around this situation.

Certain words bounced around in her mind.

A cosplay?

He sold her son?

They're not a family?

Betrayal?

So what was she? She was being used as a cosplay?

What? She was young and she could have another son? Or more? What was she? A birth tool?

Her hands started to get cold. They shriveled after staying under the water for a long time. And this effect was also taking place in her heart. It was becoming cold and it was shriveling too. They were all going to pay for her misery.

Every single one of them was going to pay. She stood up and turned off the shower.

She got naked, leaving the wet clothes in the bathroom. She dried herself, her mind already calculating. They had taken her sacrifices for granted and there was a price to pay.

She got some fresh clothes and went in bed for some sleep but as soon as her cheek touched the pillow, tears did not delay. But these tears were not tears of regret. It was tears of mourning the life of her innocent baby that got caught up in an evil world. A baby who was leaving the world without getting proper love.

She cried all night long and it was the last time she was shedding tears in this land.