Chapter 7

Mild and Luke didn't hear when Luna came in the house. It was when the door to the basement shut that Mild woke up. They had let their guard down and slept the morning away. They couldn't sleep before midnight because of the howling. It was crazy.

Mild had to swallow drool that was hanging on his lips and wiped the one on his chin. He looked around and saw Luna.

He quickly stood at attention and in no time Luke was standing behind him, rocking back and forth as if drunk from sleep.

She didn't blame him. She looked tired too.

Long night. Mild thought internally smirking. It was the lunar eclipse of course she had to be tired. 

Must be nice to have a mate. Luke thought.

"What happened?" She asked after seeing her son on the ground in the basement.

"It was a success." Mild answered.

"Where's the human?"

Luke started dreading these questions. What if she asks to see him. He wasn't alone.

"Ok. Good work Beta." She was too tired.

"Thank you Luna!"

The Luna left relieved. Her son was alive. Still with a male mate but he was alive. Now they just have to figure a way forward with the male mate. A human male mate.

As soon as the Luna left, Mild went to the basement and saw Mew sleeping soundly. He looked different.

Mild entered the secret room and looked at the human in bed. He was glowing in his boney skin. He wasn't looking as gaunt as he was yesterday. The new mark on his neck healing the first mark that was now looking like a wound.

Mild smiled. His leader's mate! His Luna. Luke smiled too, the hope in his heart flaring.

"Is he alive?" They heard from behind them and saw the human lady. Becky was her name.

"Yes he is alive." Luke answered proud.

"We did it?" She asked with bright eyes.

Mild smiled and nodded. "Yes you saved his life."

"Thank goodness." She smiled trying to move from the spot she was laying but she was sore. "When can we go home?" She was worried. It's been two days already and she didn't want adding another day. Her parents would lose it.

"He can't go yet." Mild informed her.

"Then I'm not leaving either."

"No you have to go." Mild instructed, worried that if the someone learns there's a human in their pack it will be trouble.

"You have to go but he'll stay for a while. We'll monitor his health and when he is strong enough, he'll decide whether to leave or to stay," Luke's detailed explanations were satisfactory.

"You'll let him decide?"

"Yes. We'll let him decide after he is healed up." Luke reiterated.

"Then I'll wait until then."

Luke sighed frustrated.

"Please go home." Mild was not patient.

"Then give me your phone number." Becky requested.

Yes they had phones but they didn't use them that much since they had links.

"I'll come and check up on him. I'll need to call him or text him to make sure he is ok."