Chapter 34

"Beta, What the hell??"

"Leader," Mild faltered. "I can explain."

"Damn right you should." Mew was angry.

"He smells so sweet. Don't tell me you didn't smell it on him?" Mild explained.

"No I didn't."

"He has a very sweet scent on him. I swear he didn't smell like this before."

Mew tried to think of the reason why Mild was being like this. "Is it the smell of Bittè? Is that what got you excited?"

Mild was shook. He almost marked the Luna. That would have been something else. "I don't know. I'm really sorry leader. I don't know what came over me."

"Go get yourself sorted and come back to apologize to him. I don't want him distressed out beta he just came back."

Mild left and got himself sorted.

Mew went back in the room with a nervous smile.

Hey,~ he linked Gulf who looked up from where he was seated on the bed.

What's wrong with him?~

We might need to give you another bath sweetheart.~ Mew got surprised by the endearment that rolled out smoothly from his mouth.

Why?~

Because you smell like Bittè~ Mew replied.

Is that why he was being like that?~

Mew nodded, Most probably~

I smell like Vin not like Bittè pMew.~ Gulf corrected Mew.

Mew tilted his head at the correction.

It couldn't be. He thought. Mild was a Beta ad Vin was an alpha. That wouldn't workout.

Ok let's get you a special bath so you guys can reunite properly.~ He said this time helping Gulf get down from the bed.

Gulf complied and this time Mew used scent eraser; one used to cover their tracks or hide during battles. Then after that he used his body wash. 

By the time they were done, Mild was back.

They went out to meet him and immediately he apologized.

He said I'm sorry.~ Mew linked Gulf.

Gulf went and gave Mild a hug. Mild embraced him and gently and after that they sat down.

"Gulf stayed with Vin and he slept in Vin's bed." Now that Mew said it aloud it was disturbing. "Gulf didn't smell like Bitte, he smelled like Vin." He told Mild.

"Then?"

"Yes." Mew confirmed.

"It can't be." Mild denied the possibility.

"Exactly what I said."

"He came last time and nothing happened." Mild was referring to the invasion.

"Because we were focused on the battle at hand."

"I can't be mated to an alpha Mew I'm a Beta."

"I know." Mew said caressing Gulf's arms. This time the Luna goddess was here for chaos. The mating pairs were so out of this world that it was stressing.

"We'll cross that bridge when it comes." Mew concluded when they remained quiet for a long time. There was nothing they could do for now.

But now Mild was curious if the Bittè alpha was really his mate. He had been waiting too. Anticipating it.