Chapter 22

Mew changed back but Jinna stayed in his wolf form for a little longer. He wanted to be sure Gulf was safe before he could change. Mew got clothes and invited the guest in.

As soon as Assa saw Gulf, she panicked even more. He was writhing slowly on the floor clutching his head. Or he was trying to move?

Her first instinct was to give first aid. His ears were bleeding, both of them. Then the side of his head was bleeding. There must be a torn on his head. "I need some gauze."

Mild changed back then rushed to get the first aid box from one of the drawers in the room.

Assa administered first aid. After she was done, she carried him and placed him on the couch.

"He has serious damage to his ears. He needs a scan and possibly a surgery on his head. This looks bad." She said staring at the dark blood pooled on the floor.

Mew bit his lip nervously.

Mild looked at him blaming him for this. Thinking if he could attack him he would but he knew he would not win this fight.

Mild went and sat on the little space on the couch. He touched Gulf's bruised cheeks tenderly and Mew did not appreciate it. He started growling

"No Mew. Not right now. You caused this. You don't get to do this." Mild was fuming.

"He was disrespecting me." Mew justified.

"No Mew. He was telling you the truth you're not ready to accept."

"Beta!!!"

"His ears can't stop bleeding. We should send him to the pack hospital right now." Assa said stuffing Gulf's ears with some cotton.

"Let's go Assa." Mild carried Gulf and off they went to the the pack hospital.

Mew was left pacing in the room at wits ends. Everything was messed up. Ever since Gulf showed up there was no single day that went well. It was one thing after the other and he suddenly believed his father's words. He wasn't sure if Gulf was a curse but he surely brought about a lot of harm than good.

Meanwhile, Commander Jules received the news about the baby. The pup was less than a year old so they were foregoing the send off ceremony. They baby had to be cremated.

He was ready to leave when his wife came in looking confused. Jules noticed.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Our son is acting strange." She said with a whisper.

"Why, what did he do?"

"Ever since the invasion of Bittè, he has locked himself in his house. I haven't seen him since. He also got some bad injuries from the attack and I think he is embarrassed about it."

"What's the meaning of that?"

"I don't know he is acting strange."

"Let me go and see him."

Commander was a strict person and he didn't like acting up especially from Luke. He went to Luke's small house a few minutes away from his.

He tried opening the door but the door wouldn't open. He knocked but Luke didn't open the door.

"Son, open the door." He calmly demanded as he knocked.

"Luke," He called and knocked some more. Luke did not answer.

Jules was getting impatient.

"If you don't want a fight I suggest you open this door now."

Luke opened the door.