Chapter 8

As soon as the alpha left Mild sat down with a thud.

"He can't surely kill him after the shit I went through to keep him alive. That's just not fair." He whined trying to lighten the situation.

"Is that what you're worried about right now?" Mew scoffed at Mild's remarks.

Mild's conviction didn't die down. "Yes. I went through wolf bane and back to save that human so I'll see to it that he stays alive."

"I like your conviction even though it comes with wrong reasons." Mew muttered.

"I'm just saying.....Is he awake?"

"Soon. He'll wake up soon." And Mew was right. Gulf woke up the next day during Mew's visit.
Gulf opened his eyes and he saw Mew's face smiling but his heart constricted. He started crying.

"Why what's wrong?" This was not the reaction Mew was anticipating.

"My heart is breaking." He whispered with a groggy throat. He sobbed feeling more pain in his body.

"You're ok now. You're ok." Mew comforted.

Gulf cried himself back to sleep and Mew had Mild get him some soft food he could digest.

"He is crying in his sleep." Mild observed when he came with the food.

"He was crying when he woke up. Said his heart is hurting."

"Not his body but his heart?" Mild was surprised.

"Yeah."

It was the right moment for Mild to air his doubts and explain what he thought might be causing Gulf's emotions to be like that. Because his doubts were correct. It was the effect of Mew mating with another. His heart was reporting but Gulf just didn't know it. He didn't know anything.

Still Mild kept quiet.

Gulf woke up hours later feeling hungry. He ate greedily straining his throat. He was seated in the bed his back against the headboard. He got done in no time, his limbs exhausted for having been over used after staying idle for a long time.

He started crying right after he laid back down in bed.

"What's wrong this time?"

"My heart hurts." Gulf reported again. That's what happened throughout the rest of the week. Gulf constantly crying even in his sleep.

Mew was there comforting him whenever he could. It was like a routine that stopped one day when Luke came in the basement and knocked at the secret room. Mew was spending some time with Gulf before he left for the Friday meeting with his junior council. He opened the door and saw Luke.

"Commander. To what do I owe this visit?"

"Leader!" Luke greeted feeling his head going in circles trying to tell him they had a problem. Mild had refused to come with him because he had so much on his plate with the leader and alpha and the human. He wanted a breather.

"Leader so we have a situation." He started.

"On with it." Mew stood at the entrance of the secret room listening.

"So his friend found out that he is here. Apparently he has been reported missing and the friend came here to see him two weeks ago and now she wants to see him again.

"Mhmm," Mew listened to the story and thought it had lots of loop holes.

"How did she know?" He questioned.

The truth or lies? Luke pondered. He went with the latter. "She traced his phone."

"How did she come here?" Mew questioned.