Chapter 37

Mild looked at Vin shocked by the reaction.

"What's wrong? Did I do something to upset you"He asked walking towards Vin concerned "Mhmm?"

The tone of his voice was just too sweet for Vin. For a moment he wanted to nod his head just like an innocent baby except he was an alpha. A whole alpha of a pack. That's why he shouldn't allow to be slammed against the wall and get carried around. He was a dominant male and he was the one to do that.

The more he hesitated was the more Mild's mind was running wild with lots of thoughts.

"Are you ok?" Mild asked again, disturbed by the prolonged silence.

"Yesss," Vin said a little too forced out and it was so hurting that Mild stepped back to give him space.

"Should I... should I just go?" Mild asked feeling unwanted.

Vin scolded himself but his mind was still a jumbled mess.

"No I'm sorry please give me a minute. I just need something I'll be back." Vin hurriedly exited his house feeling confused.

He shouldn't have been confused at all. He shouldn't have had to think about it but being an alpha and being put in a compromising position was so uncomfortable. He went to the only place he knew.

Xav's place.

"Vin I'm about to burst your balls if you don't say a life and death situation right now."

Xav complained his eyes refusing to open. His mate had woken him up with news of the alpha waiting for him in their lounge room. He had just placed his head on the pillow to catch some sleep when he was being woken up again. He had been the one to leave last since Vin left first as soon as the meeting ended. He was so furious yet so exhausted.

"We are heading to the border in 2 hours can't I catch some sleep?" He complained some more.

"He is in my house." Vin muttered staring into space.

"Who? The visitor?" Xav asked,

"No, yes, my mate."

"Ok so what?"

Vin's neck sharply turned to Xav surprised by his sure action at the news.

Then he watched Xav's eyes open with realization of what was just said.

"Did you say mate?" Xav asked louder than necessary.

"Yes, he is in my house right now."

"Is it Gulf," Xav asked when he realized the mate in question was a male.

"No dummy my soul mate came to me. He is from Bittè."

"Gulf?" Xav asked again and Vin looked at him ready to cuss.

Xav threw his hands up in the air as if yielding. He sat down now and asked concerned. "So what are you doing here?"

"I left him there."

"What are you doing? Go back to him and why are you not excited? Why are you here when you could be with your mate. You've always wanted this."

"He is a beta." Vin confessed feeling lost.

"A what now?"

"He is a beta of Bittè."

"Can't we just bring the entire pack here and their leader too? It seems like the Luna goddess was planning for a merge of packs. Imagine if we had kept Gulf. Just what the fuck is going on?"

"He is also a dominant." Vin announced.

"Oh shit!" Xav exclaimed at the news.

"What should I do? Xav?"