Chapter 31

"It's been three weeks leader. You have one week left."

"I know beta."

"What's your plan?"

"I can't just barge in their pack lands and demand he come back."

"That's what you should be doing at this point."

"I am waiting for Luke."

"It's been three weeks. Besides, he is not supposed to come back I don't know how that helps."

"I asked him to talk to Gulf so he can come back."

"Why are you like this? Seriously!! You're just not serious when it comes to him and a part of me doesn't want him to come back here. He is better off in Bittè."

"You want me to be banished too?"

"I mean who treats their mate like that? Who treats a human sweetheart like that?"

"Mild I can't just go there it's different."

"Is it?"

"They attacked us remember?"

"You're all about pride when your mate is in the hands of a mateless alpha. How are you so calm? Im not even comfortable with it."

"I'm not calm at all."

"You only have a week left. I know I'm your beta but I shouldn't be doing this at all. Is it because he is a human that you just don't seem to care?"

"I put my alpha title on the line so I can defend him so don't tell me that I don't care about my mate."

"You defended yourself not him and It's something you should've done a while ago. It turned out this way because you were just not serious. Just let me remind you that you have a week left to bring him back and complete the mating ceremony so you can choose another commander otherwise you'll be leaving the pack lands as a rogue. One week Mew." Mild marches away frustrated.

Mew sighed defeated. He wanted Gulf too. He wanted him here with him but a lot of damage had been done. He had wronged Gulf dearly and he was not confident at all. What he feared the most was going in Bittè and finding him happy.

He was afraid.

The elder had not given him a leeway out of this mess. It was either bringing Gulf back or leaving the pack lands. The council was in charge and not the alpha. They had given him a month and already three weeks had passed. He was left with a week and he still hadn't come up with a plan.

He hoped Luke had talked to Gulf and filled him in on what happened.

Of course Luke hadn't. Three weeks ago he had successfully mated Canny but a tad bit late. His eyes managed to turn red meaning he had fully turned into a rogue but the mark from his mate held on to his human conscious. He was still in his wolf form and he was still kept in the cells until he could shift back. Three weeks had passed and his only condition of coming out of the cell was shifting back.  Vin was not going to take any chances with Canny and his pack.

The red eyes had started changing but it was taking too long. They were going back to his original light brown eyes but still a light shade of red was still present so he needed time. Canny came everyday to see him. Everyday he would sit outside the cell and hoping to receive a link but nothing. He always waited though.

Then Vin on a Sunday evening was being summoned at the border because something unexpected had happened.

The young alpha from Oaklagen wanted to enter into their lands.