Chapter 43

Mew calmed down and continued to shut his eyes. It was a pregnant male with crazy hormones. Of course he would ask ridiculous things.

"Sweetheart no." He gently said. "I will never let Suppasit lay with you. That can never happen."

"Why not?" Gulf innocently asked.

"Because you're human. Too precious to be defiled by an animal."

Gulf had so many things to say but he finally let Mew rest.

Mew scooted closer to Gulf and sighed content. "Why do you smell so good. I jus..." Mew didn't get to finish the rest of his words when he drifted off to sleep.

He woke up to Gulf shifting about and moaning in his sleep, his hand clutching his stomach. The doctor had warned about these stomach episodes because his male biological structure was making room to host a baby. So it was bound to be painful.

He took the human and held him in his arms. Just being present like was helpful. He showered pecks and kisses on Gulf's forehead. He rubbed his arms and patted his stomach. He whispered sweet stuff in Gulf's ear just to make him feel special.

Mew felt bad. Gulf and pain were inseparable. Gulf has always been in pain and 99 percent of that pain, Mew acknowledged that he was the cause. Just how was he going to make it up to him? The human was so precious he didn't know what to do.

After a while, Gulf calmed down and Mew went to make them some food. The night was uneventful. The pain chased away the crazy hormones so it was a peaceful night and the following morning, Mew was well rested.

He had thought about it all night and he came to a conclusion. He instructed Mild to gather the seniors and an hour later, Mew stood in an empty training ground.

The disrespect was too much to take. Suppasit came out and stood in the training grounds huffing with anger. He howled so loud and so scary that the juniors started scrambling at the training grounds afraid that they were in trouble. Mild too was there. He had never seen Mew this mad.

Suppasit paced around the training grounds waiting for the seniors to come and they started coming too. The growling made everyone silent as they quietly filled in the empty space.

For some reason, the rushed and hushed talk amongst the members made the senior council members come to see what was taking place. About 20 minutes later the training grounds was full. It was as if the whole pack had gathered around. It was over flowing and there at the center, Suppasit still strolled in a small space. He howled one last time and changed back to get dressed.

He stood there still angry in human form.

"THIS HAS TO BE THE LAST TIME YOU DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT!!!" Mew barked loudly and firmly.

"What's going on?" Alpha J stepped in the ring and Mew barred his fangs at the alpha.

"I'M TALKING RIGHT NOW!!" Mew's eyes started glowing. His fur was out but he stood on his two legs. He was in his werewolf form.

The air became stiffling with power. Still no one said a word. Mew just talked down to the alpha but no one uttered a sound. Not even Alpha J.

Alpha J had never seen Mew like this and it took him by surprise. He was so shocked at this reaction that he just stood there watching Mew trying to calm down. He looked like he was ready to attack whoever disturbed him.

In a low deadly voice Mew started, "I clearly called for a meeting. The next time I summon you, you better be infront of me. I do not wish to be put in this position again. As your alpha-

The crowd gasped and shifted confused and surprised. Mew had just declared himself an alpha. In front of Alpha J and his council.

"Yes, As your alpha," Mew repeated to let them know it was not a slip of tongue, "I need members who I can depend and members who can depend on me. If you can't do that then leave the pack grounds right now."

This was new but Mew was far too gone to come back. He had been shying away from responsibilities but this moment marked a new beginning in the pack.

His Luna has asked him what he wanted to achieve the most, why he was doing all this and he found the answer. He found his drive. He found a purpose and this was the first step towards making things right. Obtaining power. As long as Mew remained a leader there was nothing he could do.

"Where are the seniors?" Mew asked and the juniors seperated themselves from the seniors.

"Bittè is becoming an alliance as our Beta is their Luna. I would rather lose members to attacks than to lose members by the council's hands. I never heard you complain or lament over the death of pack members slaughtered for being themselves but you want to make a big deal out of heros who died protecting us? Isn't that hypocrisy seniors?"

The seniors felt attacked but they had nothing to say in response to that. So Mew continued?

"If I do nothing nothing right now, battles will continue and more lives will be lost. More homosexuals will be persecuted and killed and there'll be nothing left in this pack. I'm doing my best to solve both sides here and if that's something you can't accept feel free to GO!!!"

The silence was deafening. You could hear the footsteps of an ant. It felt like there was no one breathing even though hundreds of them were present.

Mew turned to the council members and he saw his father and the elder standing there.

"The ceremony will be held on the day after the birth of my son, remember this." He demanded and left for his Luna. As he walked out of the circle, a path was created as the members scooted out of the way. Mew left his shoulders straight, his chin high and his step steady.

Everyone looked at the council and at the elder wondering what they were going to do. It was according to customs that if someone challenges for the alpha position, the current alpha fights the challenger and the winner is declared the new alpha. Alpha J didn't even try that's why everyone was waiting for the council to address that.

The elder went in the small circle. "The alpha has spoken." He said plainly and walked away.

So what were they going to call Alpha J? Because 2 alphas could not exist in the same pack. Was he going to be Leader now? It was confusing but the juniors thought it was a much needed confusion.

Mew on his way home didn't turn nor did he stop. As soon as he went in his house he collapsed and started heaving.  He felt like he was suffocating.

Gulf came and hugged his head protectively. "You're ok." He whispered softly. "You're ok now."

Mew indeed felt like he was ok now that Gulf was next to him. He raised his arms to hug Gulf back but he couldn't. The tremors in his hands was making it difficult.

He hadn't known what came over him but whatever that was it felt good and scary. Had Alpha J retaliated, Mew could have died or Mew could have killed his father. That's what happens when there the alpha title is challenged. Only one person comes out of it alive. But Luna Goddess had been on his side.

Now that he was the Alpha, they had a lot coming!!!!