Chapter 40

"What in the world?" Mild protested, "He is a male!"

"He bled and fainted. His senses have heightened. He can smell your sweat and the biggest telltale is his hearing has heightened. That's why he is complaining of loud noises." Vin explained.

"He just received his hearing back." Mew reminded. "He was deaf remember. Don't be mistaking cancer for ridiculous things." Mew dismissed Vin and when he faced Gulf he knew he was in trouble.

Gulf's face spelled offended. "So are you saying me being pregnant with your pup is ridiculous?" Gulf was ready to attack him for his diction.

"No I'm saying-

-Add mood swings on top." Vin interrupted.

Mew turned to Vin ready to swear.

"Prove me wrong." Vin arrogantly added with a smug face.

"This is why a unification won't work because we're incompatible."

"Please quiet everyone!" Mild shouted to get everyone to be quiet and Gulf winced at the loud voice. "There's like 5 conversations going on with the three of you. Unification, cancer and pregnancy." He looked at Vin. "Couldn't you come up with something reasonable. He is a human male."

"The more reason why this might be a possibility." Vin argued.

Mew sighed and rubbed his forehead with his pointy finger.

"They said it's a tumor growing in his abdomen."

"You could've just said stomach!" Vin was a pain but he continued, "I know this is absurd but why would he grow a tumor right after mating? A mate's semen during mating ceremony is more of medicine why would it cause harm instead of repairing?"

Vin was making sense Mew acknowledged but, "They said he is a human that why it was toxic for him."

"Trust me on this." The conviction in Vin's voice made him look cool. Mild observed. "That tumor could have been his viscera rearranging to make space for hosting a baby." Vin finished proud.

"But my doctor-

-I'm an alpha Mew. I'm more knowledgeable than your doctor. Trust me!"

Mild fell in love.

Mew scoffed feeling ruffled up. Whenever Vin opened his mouth, it felt like a challenge to Mew. He didn't want to trust Vin just because.

"When are you leaving?" Mew asked out of the blue and he earned a good slap on his thigh from Gulf. "Be nice."

"I'm trying but he is making it hard for me." Mew complained.

"So you don't like the idea of me being pregnant but you danced with joy when Becky was pregnant." Gulf brought back accusations from nowhere.

Mew almost fell off the couch at the mention of Becky.  "Baby I never danced with joy."

Vin turned around at the direction of the kitchen. "You bet there is popcorn somewhere in there?" He asked Mild in a whisper.

Mew growled angry. Vin was getting under his skin but Gulf was not having it. "No this is about you and I right now," Gulf scolded "and I heard you by the way and stop." Gulf scolded pointing at Vin but facing Mew.

"Babe hear me out." All endearments were coming out of a flustered Mew. "I'm worried about you. I've never seen a male getting pregnant. With her it was normal."

"So basically you're calling me abnormal. On top of being an abomination to your father I'm abnormal to you?"

Mew froze. Just how did he get there? He swore they were cuddling just five minutes ago.