Chapter 33

When they arrived home. Mild wanted to come and see Gulf but Mew locked his house, the first time in forever.

Before Gulf could sit on the bed, Mew led him to the bathroom. He stripped his clothes and left his underwear on.

May I?~ He asked holding a soft sponge and his body wash . Gulf nodded feeling so exhausted. Mew made sure the water was warm enough. He went in the bathtub with all his clothes on. He didn't want him to feel uncomfortable. He quietly washed Gulf gently as if he was handling a newborn. He got rid of Bittè scent latched on his skin. After the bath, he opened the shower and rinsed him off. He took a towel and wrapped it around Gulf's waist and told him to take off his wet underwear. Mew took another towel and wrapped it on his waist as he took off his clothes. When they got in the bedroom, Mew got Gulf his clothes and he got dressed too.

He opened the sheets on the bed and Gulf went in. He sat down and held Gulf's hand. That's all he could do.

I'm going to cook us some food. Is there anything you would like?~

Gulf wasn't sure Mew could cook like Canny. Canny's cooking was unmatched. But he replied, Just anything with meat.~

Ok. Will you be ok by yourself?~ Mew asked as if he was going to somewhere when he was going to be in the kitchen.

Gulf smiled and nodded.

Mew held on to his hand a little longer. He smiled at Gulf and looked at his face. The image of Gulf and Vin chatting and him being so vulnerable in Vin's hands invaded his head. Will they get to that point too?

He stood up after kissing the back of Gulf's hand and went to make him some food.

The following day, Mew had to go to the senior council to present his return. He was done taking a shower after his morning training and he was about to leave when he looked at Gulf and thought for a while. He went to him and asked him, would you like to go meet the elder and the senior council with me?~

Gulf shook his head. My hearing hasn't returned.~ he said pointing at his ears.

It's ok. I'll let them know your hearing is not doing well and I'll let you know if there is anything important you need to know during the conversations.~

Gulf wanted to refuse but it was the first time Mew had offered him to go outside. He had been hidden in the basement but he was being offered to go infront of the senior council. He nodded in agreement.

They went together.

"How dare you bring that human here?!!!" Alpha J was not pleased seeing Mew and Gulf walk in the council meeting holding hands.

"It's Junior Luna for you Alpha. Address my mate with respect!!" There was no please at the end of that sentence so it wasn't a request.

Alpha J clenched his fists. His own son was speaking to him like this and there was nothing he could do about it because he was not in charge for now.

Elder looked at Alpha with a scolding gaze.

"Greeting elders and seniors. I'm here to present my mate and Luna of Oaklagen."

Elder stood up and so did the council. They put their hands together 🙏 and bowed in greeting. Alpha did but he was forcing it.

Mew linked Gulf.

They are greeting you Luna.~

Gulf's eyes went open and he bowed to reciprocate the greeting. He was so nervous and this was so unexpected.