Chapter 10

"Excuse me but I have to go home." Becky hesitantly announced.

"Lady you're pregnant with my grandson. A future alpha. You're going to stay here until you conceive."

"Alpha I can't do that to my mate. He is having a hard time as it is. I can't do that to him." Mew refused to go along with this plan.

"Let's hear your plan, son." The father challenged.

"I'll find a way. I'll eventually make it so no one gets hurt. Please I can't lie to them."

"That's the only way you can get out of this alive and keep your mate alive. If the council knows about him, I promise you he'll die no questions asked. So think about his wisely before you jeopardize the pack."

"Alpha..." he let go of his mate. "Father please." He earnestly pleaded. This was not going to be as smooth as he was imagining it.

"Leader." Mild called when he saw fur growing on his hands. Mew was extremely agitated. Suppasit was not having it. It looked like a war was about to breakout between the alpha and Suppasit and his leader was not going to win.

Mew clenched his fists as he tried to control Suppasit.

Mild stepped forward and whispered, "For now this is a way out. This is the only way to have your mate stay here without getting killed. Let's go with that."

Mew looked back at Gulf disappointed in himself, I'm sorry.

It's ok.Gulf's face said it all.

Mew turned to Becky.

She shook her head. "No,"she said, "I'm not doing that. I have to go home."

"Becky," Mild called. "It's ok. You can go with them. You'll be back soon."

She was scared. She was terrified. All this mess was too much for her.

She looked at Gulf and Gulf nodded with a slight smile on his face. He was not feeling ok.

The alpha left first. Then Mew came out of the basement. Becky hesitantly  followed looking back at Gulf who urged her to go.

They ascended the stairs in silence.  When they got to the lounge, the alpha went and took a sit on the chair situated on the center and to his left and right were councils seated facing each other.

Mew and Becky came and stood opposite alpha.

"Greeting seniors. My apologies you had to come this far. Please allow me to present my mate."Mew paused and then continued.

"She is a human and she is carrying my child."

"Where did you meet her?" The council started firing questions.

"I met her on no man's land. She visited the woods with her friends and I felt her presence." Mew calmly answered.

"When did you mate?"

That was invasion of privacy but it didn't matter because the council was entitled to all the information they required. "On lunar eclipse." Mew answered.

"Did you mark her?"

He was expecting this one. "No I I haven't." He boldly replied.

"What are you waiting for when she is already pregnant?"

"I wanted to ask for her permission first after she has lived here for a while."

"Yet she is caring your child?" A member of the council mocked.

"It couldn't be avoided." Mew was not fazed.

"What do you think seniors?" Alpha asked eying them dangerously. A warning to make them stop with the unnecessary investigation.

"It's good news." Jules, the senior beta said lazily.

"I think we can oversee the human aspect since she is carrying his child." Walre commented.

"I agree, This is good news and we'll choose a date for the ceremony." The secretary of the council concluded.

"For the mean time we'll have the lunar and her administration take care of her until she conceives." Walre added.

Mew stepped forward but they beat him to it.

"Good idea. We have to make sure she is safe since she is a human and is carrying wolf blood now." Jules seconded in agreement.

"Excuse me," Mew tried to get their attention.

"I know it's going to be hard to live without your mate but it's necessary. Only until she gives birth. She'll be strictly monitored since she's a human."

Mew looked at his father asking for help but he looked Away. He was together with the council on this.

"By the way," the alpha stood up, "I was made aware that the human came with a friend since she was scared being around different species."

That was smooth.

"That's understandable." One council member commented.

"So be warned that there are two humans in the pack. They must be protected at all cost. Their protection level falls in line with those of pups."

"If there is anything they need be sure to let us know." Walre promised.

"You're dismissed."

Mew and Becky went back to the basement as the council left.

Mew flopped on the bed next to Gulf disappointed.

"What did they say?" Gulf asked curious. Mild and Luke had heard every single bit of it.

Mew attempted a smile but it only lasted  a second. They basically told him to to live a lie. Live whilst hiding his mate. That was cruel.

"I have to go home.  I Want to go home," Becky complained. "I don't wanna stay here."

"I'm sorry." Luke apologized. "I'm sorry that was the only way out."

"Can you let your parents know you are going away for awhile?" Mild asked.

"I'm about to graduate. I have submitted my report and the date has been scheduled. I can't miss it. Gulf has to go back home too."

"He can't go back." Mew whispered

"I can't stay here forever." Gulf didn't like the idea.

"This is your home now." Mew forced.

"I have a life out there." He sure did.

"But I can't let you go." Mew had valid reasons for this.

"I don't want to stay here knowing I'll get killed." Gulf argued. It sucked having people discuss whether to kill you or not when you were right there listening.

"Chances of getting killed when you go out there are higher. You have a mark from an alpha, any wolf would kill you if they notice. You can call home though. I have to keep you safe. I can't loose you Luna,"

Mild and Luke bowed right there. Mew had acknowledged his mate for the first time. It was big deal. "Luna," they greeted and Gulf had goosebumps.

"I know it's a lot to take in. I'll leave you and your friend to think about it." Mew excused and left with Mild and Luke.

Becky came and hugged Gulf trying to comfort him. "We'll get through this."

No they'll  not.

"We'll be ok."

No they'll not.

They stayed like that for a while. Maybe the last hug the bestfriends we'll ever share.