Chapter 38

AN: I'm sorry for dragging this story. My mental health is not doing well but I'll try harder.

Everything happened so fast. Getting Gulf who had fallen on the ground and rushing him to the pack doctors then coming back to comfort a distressed Mild and letting him catch some break in his basement.

By the end of the day, Mew was being summoned by his his elder but he rejected and went to the hospital only to be told Gulf has a tumor in his stomach.

It was too much. He was not catching a break. Neither was Gulf too and he wondered when they were going to get a breather.

'Homosexuality causes chaos'

He remembered his father's words and he shook his head to get hold of himself. He had to over come it. No matter what it was, he had to overcome it.

"Should I mark him again?" Mew asked the doctor worried. His eyes looking worn out. "We believe the tumor emerged from the previous mating."

Mew snorted feeling helpless, "So you're saying I caused my mate to have tumor? And I can't heal him from that?"

"I'm sorry leader."

"What if we bring him back to the human world? Will they be able to cure it?" Mew asked with a hint of desperation in his voice.

"Cancer is hard to cure especially here, we don't have enough equipment for humans because we rely on wolf medicine."

Mew sighed deeply exhausted, "So what are you saying?"

"I say we bring him back to his world." The doctor concluded.

Mew saw his future bleak. The elders were already on his throat with the ceremony, telling them that Gulf had to go back to his world because he has cancer, the scenery wasn't looking good. Should he go to the human world with him then? That equaled giving up his title as an Alpha and he couldn't do that. Being an alpha was what he was bred to do. He was raised being taught about alpha duties. So what was he going to do?

He was failing. He was falling. With nothing to hold on to and no one to rely on. His commander was gone and his beta was about to leave depressed. The elders were pressing him on things he had no control over.

Mew found himself sitting next to Gulf's bed waiting. They had just left this place and they were back again. He really was fragile. Who gets cancer from mating? Had Mild and Luke been there they would've laughed their asses off even though it was serious.

He sighed again for the hundredth time that day. He felt his head heating from an inexplicable feeling.

"You're being too loud with those sighs." Gulf whispered with a croaked voice, his eyes still shut.

Mew looked at him and saw he was awake. "Hey sweetheart, how are you feeling?"

"Shhhh, you're being too loud," Gulf complained again. Mew started whispering too,

"I'm sorry I'm so worried about you. You were bleeding and then you fainted."

"I fainted?" Gulf asked surprised.

"Yes. Does anywhere hurt?" Mew asked tenderly.

"No! My tummy feels irky but I'm ok."

Mew held Gulf's hand and decided he had to let him know asap.

"Hey sweetheart, you might have to go back home."

"Let's go right now." Gulf said getting up ready to go back to their  house but Mew squeezed his hands with a heavy heart.