Chapter XCIII

The doors slid open to reveal a hallway with no light at all. It was barren, empty. There was nothing exciting about the hallway, but the eerily disturbing silence that hung there. Not a soul was down the hallway, but Galacta Knight felt a presence. Someone was in that hall, someone who was not one of them. 

They walked around until they stumbled across a room with test tubes in it. A hefty, anthropomorphic lion was sat atop a throne, his eyes bored. His expression was clouded with anger, hate. 

Galacta didn't need to say a word to know that it was due to the intrusion. Then again, the land was deserted and the lab likely wasn't his. 

Kirby looked up at the warrior, terrified that something bad would happen. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We have heard no news from the others, sir." Zero interjected, his iris jetting back and forth between his master and the newcomer," Who is this?"

She wore a yellow hoodie. Her hair was hidden, save the pink strands that snaked out of it. An unnaturally dark shadow covered her face and nothing but a sinister gold glint got through it. She had an excessive amount of limbs in comparison to the others, but it wasn't something that he dwelled on for too long. 

"A human? Sir, I believe that you are expecting the impossible. Humans are not in any way going to aid us in this." Zero reasoned. 

It's superior cackled at the assumption. His levitating hands crushed his wooden desk in two, causing his visitor to stand up to avoid the damage being inflicted onto her. 

"This is no human, you ignorance eye; this is dark matter at it's finest. She's a being capable of shifting forms into any specimen she chooses and can deceive anyone she wishes. After her release, we managed to contact her and she is ambitious."

"She? You mean to say this has a gender? This is the first dark matter that I know of that has dared to take the form of a human, of all things."  Zero sounded disgusted at the fact.

It could see that she grinned at him, with teeth so bright that the shadow couldn't cover them. Gleaming, sharp and dangerous. 

"You're yet to speak a greeting. I mean, you don't have to be human to know that you say hello to somebody when you meet them." She butted in, sitting backwards on her chair as to be able to face it. 

"I'm sorry?" Zero was baffled.

"Apology accepted, that's more like it."

She swung herself around so she could face her employer," Right, what is it that we should be focusing on as of now?" 

He scoffed and clenched his bony hands together above his smashed desk," Those Dreamlanders have had their time to play hero. We are slowly tiring them out so then we can swoop in and finish them off when they least expect it."

"Oh? What a plan you've concocted. You forget one thing, Kirby doesn't take strength to win his battles. Nor is it intelligence that he uses, as he is yet to gain any crucial abilities. Instead, he has weapons at his disposal that assist him in his time of need." She explained, hands in her pockets as she lowered herself in her chair, crossing her legs at the ankles. 

Blankly, Zero stared at her. Did she really think that their superior would believe that?

"Nightmare, for example, was defeated in Kirby's sleep. Yes, Kirby slept and conjured up the Star Rod within his dream. He turned Nightmare's ability against him, and it took no strength to do so." She used Nightmare as an example, getting Zero's attention. 

"How is she capable of knowing his downfall? She wasn't present!" Zero called. 

Scoffing, she cried aloud," I'm the Bill Cipher of this world. I do as I please with nobody to plead to; my matter is infinite and I can manipulate things to whatever distortion I fancy. I don't need you to undermine the reputation I've built for myself by claiming my gender weakens me."

"Well then.." He smirked," What is your name? We are yet to introduce ourselves."

He offered his skinless hand forwards for a shake over the collapsed wood. 

"The name I follow is Starstruck. Bonnie Starstruck, reject of the Starstruck Bloodline. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." 

"Ah, the pleasure is all mine, Starstruck. I'm Necrodeus, Leader of the Skull Gang."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galacta Knight and Kirby stared down at the now defeated Leongar. Cracks in the glass begin to grow behind him, and the lifeform inside grew livelier. When the tube smashed, the lifeform engulfed Leongar whole. There was nothing to suggest he had been consumed, masticated or digested, but they weren't willing to find out. 

The rest of the Beast Pack were at the door, ready to finally finish Kirby and Galacta Knight. ID-F86 grabbed them, one by one, and absorbed them. Parts of each of their appearances were used to make a vessel that was pure nightmare fuel. It was teal and had no independent appearance; every creature inside of it was merged into one being. Every eye was purple, lifeless and dull. 

Without letting another thought creep into his mind, Galacta Knight grabbed Kirby and bolted for the door. It chased, making a selection of different squelching noises as it followed. 

Elfilis hovered by them, hoping it wouldn't grab them and absorb them, like it had everyone else. 

On the way down, Kirby found a gun and started shooting stars at it, begging for it to leave them alone. As it grew weaker, it grabbed forwards in desperation and took Elfilis. 

Taking it's prize, it flew off onto the roof of the building, ready to begin it's plans. Kirby was mortifies that his friend had been taken away, but even more mortified that they had nearly manage to defeat it. The insanely narrow margin had his chest aching. 

He refused to give in to it, and followed it onto the roof to fight. He wasn't fighting for himself, nor was he fighting for his friends, but for the whole of Popstar. 

---------------------------------------------------