Chapter LXXIII - The Warehouse

The glass doors of the Warehouse swung open to reveal a small corridor, the floor lined in an ocean blue, and a white paint spread across the wall. An office sat to their right, accessible only by a door behind. From what could be seen, it contained paperwork and nothing more interesting. 

Further down the hall to their left was a door, a set of stairs leading to the upstairs. From their experience, they knew they would be visiting the upstairs later to find something quite unpredictable. 

At the end of the hall was a huge room, leading to a smaller room and more stairs to the left, as well as toilets to the right for both genders, one for each. Another door was besides the toilets. Next to the stairs, tucked under the platform above, was a door labelled,' STORAGE: KEEP OUT!'

Outside the other door was an outdoor smoking around, gated off by a spiked fence that separated them from the world. At least they wouldn't have to put up with their new environment alone, so long as their new friend didn't let them down. 

In the largest room was a door leading to a cinema-type room, with chairs that were attached to rows that altogether folded into the wall. A projector sat in the centre of the ceiling, alongside stage lights and disco lights. 

In the main room was a bar to the right, leading to the bar's storage room. Row upon rows of alcohol were stashed on the shelves, accompanied by tubes of crisps and sweets. A minifridge was hidden underneath the shelves, refrigerating many carbonated cans and bottles of pop. There was a tv screen directed away from the bar, for the customers to watch, undoubtedly, and a pool table in front of it. Several other TVs were scattered around the place, as well as silver, round tables with plastic, black seats surrounding them. Some of the luckier tables were towards the corner of the room, where an L-shaped sofa was attached to the wall. Another door was by the opposite corner of the sofa, presumably access for the office they had seen previously. 

(Y/n) admired the place as they wondered how a criminal like her would have managed to buy or rent such an establishment. Then again, she could always have just brought them into a random bar to set the cops off their trail. 

Carelessly, she threw herself on top of the bar and tapped her feet against the wood that it composed of, while she sprawled herself out on the granite countertop," Oooh, De, I bet those cops've caught onto us." 

"Your bet is as good as mine is, Tay." He shot back, taking his place behind the bar and resting his elbow onto it's top, only to rest his head on his hand," I don't know how we can continue like this.." 

Something about that jolted her, and she sat upright and propped herself up using her hands," De, it's not like you've got it rough, just a bit difficult's all." 

"Uhm, what do you mean by, 'difficult'?" The meek, pink hero asked, his voice as small as him," I don't want to be any trouble.." 

By that point, she had changed her position again; this time her right leg overlapped her left and she was sharpening her teeth using a blade as she interjected," Trouble? The only trouble is those cops! Aside from that, we should be on a pretty straight road." 

Stunned by 'Tay's' words, Dedede responded in an over-the-top pitch," Wait, you have the system passcodes and know how we can shut down this whole city?!" 

Subtly, she nodded. 

Only nodded. 

(Y/n) sat down on the sofa, brushing their wings against the wall delicately as they tapped their feet up and down. They didn't know what to expect or what they should do, but they knew that the others would come up with a plan and give them a role to play. 

They were about to zone out when they heard the roaring of sirens and saw the flashing of cyan and crimson creeping through the doorframe. Their body froze solid, and they realized that they may be in an endless, paradoxical nightmare. 

A diamond recolour of Susie came hovering through the door, shouting," Freeze! This is the police! Don't move, or we'll be obligated to shoot-"

BANG!

Smoke flowed out of the pistol that Tay held, trailing up into the air. The crinkle of electricity died out as the robot followed, wordlessly. 

"Those cops, eugh! Disgraceful.." She muttered, tucking it into her belt without an explanation. They found it useless to ask questions, considering that she more than likely would managed to either avoid them or have a go at them for simply being curious. 

But still, everything was so...weird. They hadn't gone a day in the city and they already found it to be such a weird place, filled with lots of weird people. And, if they needed to stay in there for more than a day,

"Where are we going to stay?" Bandana Waddle Dee whined, tapping (Y/n) on the shoulder. 

Dedede must have been waiting for that question to rise to the surface and, full of confidence, he beamed," We have plenty of spare rooms here that we can lend you! They're pretty small, but oddly comfortable!" 

Tay glared at him before apologising for his behaviour, claiming he was terribly excited and that he hadn't spoken to many people in months. He scowled at her, only to wipe all traces of the tension from his face directly afterwards. 

Pulling her body upwards, she held herself upright using her hands before lowering her legs and jumping behind the bar to watch Dedede shuffle away nervously. 

"'Ight then, free drinks on me." She smirked, lifting a glass from underneath the counter.