LXXXIV - Invader

A suit of invader armour came lunging at them, a small, spherical being staring down at them.

Kneeling down to Kirby's height, Bonnie ushered them behind her. The two innocent children obeyed, taking cover.

Dedede emerged to the front, producing a hammer from his robes, much to everyone's surprise. He held it firmly in two hands, holding it sturdily, as to not drop the knight off his back.

Tay whipped out a whip from her back pocket and circled it in the air, a smirk widening on her face. From its appearance, it was new and unused, possibly put together only a day or two ago. Whether it was a primary weapon or not, she looked to have placed confidence in her skills wielding it.

The two raced forwards, giving one another a competitive glare.

"I bet you I can knock that thing outta there before you, De." She smirked, continuing to spin the whip in a circle,"I'll leave you in the dust."

He seemed to have taken it to heart, as he frowned at her, his grip loosening on his weapon. He forged a determined grin,"You sure?"

"You couldn't beat anyone if your boyfriend depended on it." Tay snickered, gesturing to his back,"Right?"

At that push, Dedede froze. For a moment he hesitated.

Then, spontaneously, he became very animate; grabbing the swordsman off his back, he swiftly gave him a kiss where his mouth would be me, then set him down on the ground.

With a heart racing faster than most would consider possible, he rushed at the invader, hammer following behind him.

Swinging at them, he left a devastating dent in the centre of the chest plate. The dent caused some shards of the metal to become sharper.

Nonetheless, the King held his determination high and his hammer tight, hoping it were enough to get him through the battle. Once again, he sprinted at it, running so fast that the others believed he would trip, and he swung it again. The invader fell from its chair, landing with a resounding thud on the metallic floor. It scurried off before he could kill them, causing him to scowl.

"Huh, guess you aren't quite as weak as you let on." Tay muttered, sounding hopeful.

Dedede ran on past her and placed the navy Knight back on his shoulder, after gripping him at his sides and twirling him around in the air, much to his surprise.

"Let's go on, mi amigos!" He retorted, pointing a finger to the sky and rushing forwards with astounding speed. Meta Knight gave a chuckle at his comment.

"Y'know, I feel like we're missing something." Bonnie mumbled to herself, looking directly at the base,"I feel it's been too easy. Like, we're not going to get in that easily, right? Surely there's a passcode we need or-"

"Relax, we're busting in through a window in the main office. Security is maximised so that's a slight problem for us. I know we can do this, though." Tay explained.

(Y/n) trailed behind, gaze fixed on the ground. They'd grown silent after the lack of interactions, and the thoughts that seeped into their brain.

What now?