Chapter XLVIII - Love

Becca smiled broadly and mimicked holding a microphone," Thank you, Maddie. I'm at the scene of the crime and I can see the culprit. Now, stubby pink thing, what do you have to say?"

She lowered the pretend microphone down to Kirby and he anxiously sucked the dollar into his mouth further. He then pretended he couldn't speak, as he believed it was going on TV. "Poyo poyo poyo."

"Ah, the words of a criminal." Becca stated, faking a stern tone," Poyo poyo poyo." She could hardly hold back from laughing as she repeated what he said," And now for more news with Dark Meta Knight." 

Becca pretended to give him the fake microphone and he continued with the game," Yes, it appears that this stubby pink thing has eaten the entire castle. You fat shit. Anyway, if you wish to help with the rebuilding of the castle, you can pay us one dollar at DontBeASketty.Com."

The child looked at him and slowly pulled the dollar out of his mouth. Saliva coated the entire banknote, except for one corner that was dry. Slowly, he rested it on the table and said," Okay, here you go. 

Nonetheless, the knight was reluctant to touch the filthy note, much like anybody else. The sapphire eyes of the child rested on him, as if to ask why he didn't want his generous offer. With a small, faux chuckle, the knight moved his hand away from the note and fixed his posture; the child confused as to why he would decline the kind payment. 

Becca edged forwards, swiftly picking up the cash in the corner that was the driest. It was clear she hesitated, as she winced the second she allowed the note to touch her skin. 

-----------------------------------

The three other knights were stood atop the roof of Castle Dedede, staring at the stars in admiration. As lovely as the scene was, they didn't take it in as much as the average person, as they had seen the cruel tyrants that laid amongst the stars. Too many heart breaking moments had been forcibly etched into their memories while they were up there; memories that brought much pain and sorrow from their pasts whenever they remembered them. 

The air was cold and crisp, and a melancholic aura filled the night air. None of them were all too sure as to why they were up there, as Saffron had solved the problem already. Maybe they were simply taking in the night sky, who knows. 

Morpho eyed the other two, partially envious how close they had become. They hadn't exactly gone as far to settle down, but they had a healthy, loving relation between them and were easily envied. He hadn't experienced that much appreciation before, and it kind of hurt to know that his best friend (who was similar to him in ways more than one) was given the affection he desired. It took a while for him to calm himself down, but every thought that came through his mind hurt him, intentionally. And, to be fully honest, it made him resent Galacta Knight. What made him not as likeable? He was fairly social, he was outgoing, he was a hero, he was able to save galaxies at a time. 

Was it his wings? Or, maybe his sword? Actually, was it his colour scheme? His passion for nature, was that it? Perhaps it was his mask? Maybe it was the fact he was incredibly intelligent, could that be the flaw? Yeah, it had to be. 

But it wasn't. He couldn't find a reason for people to hate him for things like that. And, people had claimed they liked those things about him. Actually, people were jealous of things like his intelligence and his ability to wield swords, so that wasn't an off-putting flaw. Well, he had the hope in his heart, the hope that he would eventually find someone. 

When he came out of his thoughts, it was because (Y/n) and tapped him on his shoulder, asking hi if he was okay. It was then that he noticed that the others had left and he was all alone, aside from the presence of the teen. "Morpho, you okay? You've been up here a while, just thinking." They told him, a slightly concerned expression being fought off. 

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about something' it wasn't important though." He lied, feeling guilty for feeding the child false information," "What are you doing up here?"

(Y/n) knew he was intentionally trying to lead them onto another topic hastily, and they knew that he did that because he was possibly upset. " Morpho, are you okay? You don't seem so optimistic today.."

The butterfly warrior tilted his head aside and gazed off into the distance as he spoke," You're a kid, so you wouldn't understand." 

"Bro, if it's about love, relationships or something like that then I've heard that excuse soo many times." (Y/n) scoffed, placing a hand on their chin as they spoke," You can't lie to me like that because I'm younger than you. That age excuse is losing it's effect.  So, just be honest with me, as honesty is the best policy. That's what you told me."

He couldn't help but crack a smile at the child's words. Well, it was undoubtable that the puffball would leave him be until he explained himself, so he found it only necessary to give at leave a slight explanation," I was just thinking about the future and wondering if I'll ever meet anyone special." 

(Y/n) stared at the stars as they listened. They could understand where he was going with it, and they could only assume they spent a bit too long around the knight couple, long enough to grow envious and wonder if he'd end up with someone like that. Placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder, they assured him that he would end up finding someone, eventually. Someone right for him, someone that would treat him right and someone that would look after him, whether that someone be male or female.