50 | the rock bottom

Her head was pounding and pain filled her entire body

Her head was pounding and pain filled her entire body. Especially her stomach where they'd carved words into it. They'd also dragged the razor-sharp knife on her skin over her body and it hurt. All she wanted to do was to go back in time then she'll go back to her life - having picnics, playing with Diana, baking with Cinzia, cuddling with Pumpkin, and best of all - she wanted her mother. The loving version of her, not this. Not like this.

Little does know the little ten years old Ariana Romano knew that this was only the beginning of hell.

She was staring at her blood seeping out from the cuts on her arms for the last one hour. Her feet and wrists were shacked in chains so she was forced to stand, her toes just barely grazing the cold stone floor. Her head was getting heavier and heavier as another second passed. Her stomach growled and her mouth was so dry.

She was in pain, confused, hungry, and thirsty.

Her thoughts were in repeat mode. Her mother had attempted to kill Ariana to save herself. The gun ended up being empty but it didn't matter. What mattered was Cata thought it was loaded and pulled the trigger on her, regardless.

She didn't even realize that she'd closed her eyes until she felt the burn over her body, she screamed as the liquid spilled over her head and trickled down over her body. She lifted her pain-filled gaze to a man standing in front of her. He held an empty bottle of alcohol in his hand, having just poured it on her.

"Sorry about that." He didn't sound sorry at all. "We don't want you getting infected and dying on us, wouldn't we now?"

She felt a sharp pain in her shoulder and her chin fell to find the man had pushed a long nail into her skin. Her throat produced a strangled sound as he slowly pushed it down - deeper. Blood trickled down from it, joining the dried blood all over her body.

Suddenly it was gone, but the pain was still there. She savored it, for it distracted the worse pain in her other areas.

Death never sounded so beautiful to the ten years old girl right now than before. She just wanted the pain to end.

She snapped to reality again when they bought her mother into the room. Cata had no cuts, no carved words, no burns, or a hint of pain on her face. She was complete. Her skin was smooth and untouched. Beautiful we ever while Ariana was just rotting away.

"Oh, Ariana." Cata's eyes filled with tears as sobs racked her body. Her parted lips were covered with a hand as she scanned her daughter on the wall, propped up by the chains. "What have they done to you?"

What Cata failed to miss was the blaze of anger in her daughter's green eyes.

Her mother's mouth moved but Ariana couldn't hear her through the red haze and the anger boiling inside her. She didn't feel or see the chains being unlocked and she fell on her knees to the floor.