30 | look of the day

My first thought when I woke up the next morning at seven o'clock was picnic day! It seemed like Apollo shared the same excitement because the first thing he did when he woke up - still sleeping in my room - is shriek out loud

My first thought when I woke up the next morning at seven o'clock was picnic day! It seemed like Apollo shared the same excitement because the first thing he did when he woke up - still sleeping in my room - is shriek out loud. I've held back a wince and covered my extra sensitive ears in the mornings. 

"We need to prepare for the picnic!" He'd shouted as he jumped off his bed and ran into my bathroom to change.

Only he didn't wait to close the door completely before changing out of his PJs. He'd shuffled out of his pants and underwear at once with the door still wide open.

And he proceeded to traumatize me with the sight of my older brother's bare ass.

I politely averted my eyes and when I finally heard the door closed with a loud click, I've gotten out of my bed. I quickly changed into a cute pinkish-orange cottage-like dress - which was long-sleeved and the hems went to my ankles, long enough to cover the scars that I despised so much - in my wardrobe room and brushed my hair.

Apollo styled my hair into fishtail braids and I asked him how did he learn to braid. To my amusement, he'd revealed that he used to have shoulder-long hair when he was ten and eleven. There was nothing wrong with it - I knew that some men could pull it off well but I just simply cannot imagine Apollo with long hair. He promised he'd show me pictures someday and I intended to hold him to it.

He complimented my look of the day which I blushed furiously in return. I never really put much effort into my style - I preferred my comfortable and casual style - but today, I wanted to feel beautiful and I did.

I fed Pumpkin before leaving. Apollo also helped me give my cat daily morning pets that she demanded and played with her toys.

Afterward, we went to the kitchen. It was empty, thankful. I didn't want to share the kitchen with the maids. This one seems to be the smaller one where it used to be private because it wasn't big as I expected. It was still a large kitchen but compared to the other rooms, this was nothing.

"So," Apollo began. "The first thing we need is an apron. We don't want to ruin that pretty dress, do we?"

I shook my head with a smile and we went in search of an apron. I came across a few recipes that I pulled out and set it aside on the island table during the search. I pulled out a plain white apron from a bottom drawer and Apollo tied the knots for me from behind.

Thanking him, I opened one of the cookbooks and listed the recipes. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Apollo's nervous face as the list went longer and longer. I was excited and I used to love baking. I wanted a lot food as possible.

"We're going to need Noah's help if we're going to make all of this," I informed Apollo and he groaned.

"Noah always sleeps in late and he's the hardest one to wake up." He grumbled. "He sleeps like a corpse. We can just get one of the maids to help out."