33 | night of chaos

I jumped on my feet and I snapped my eyes open when I rolled out of the bed with a loud bang

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I jumped on my feet and I snapped my eyes open when I rolled out of the bed with a loud bang. I rubbed the sensitive spot with a groan. It was going to leave a big ass bruise.  Or to mention the bad headache that was severely killing my buzz. I was surprised when I found out it was almost eleven. I always considered myself to be a morning person - waking at eight for the most time. Sleeping in was Noah's thing. 

The outside of my room was loud, which made my head hurt more. There were stomping footsteps around the hallway. My brows furrowed.

Did something happen?

I walked to the door and pulled it inches open so I could put only my head out. Guards and doctors were running around, shouting.

Huh?

I went out into the hallway and halted when I saw the stained window glass at the end of the hallway was shattered. There were broken glasses scattered over the floor. The hole looked human-sized. Blood dripped from the cracked still intact, of what was left of the glass wall.

Did someone jump? Or throw themself through the glass?

My eyes widened.

Ariana!

She was suicidal and we sent the guards away last night. We must have fallen asleep. Leaving our sister who wanted to die all alone.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

What if she was dead? What if my little sister died last night?

No. I shook my head. Calm the fuck down, I told myself before I could get ahead of myself.

I exhaled when I saw Noah speaking to one of the guards in the middle of the hallway. I didn't hesitate to push myself forward into a sprint to get to him.

"Noah!" I called out, reaching out to take the hem of the shirt in my balled-up fists. "What the fuck happened?"

Noah turned to the guard to dismiss him before shifting his attention to me completely.

"Did Ariana jump?" My words came out as panicked gasps. "Is she okay?"

He grabbed my shoulder and dug his fingers into it until I winced. The sudden slight pain shut me up and made me focus on Noah as he dragged me into one of the guest rooms.

"Calm down," Noah said sternly as he let me go when the door was shut. "Breathe and I'll explain."

I nodded frantically as I inhaled and exhaled. I tried to halt the panicked thoughts that kept slamming into my brain. When I've calm down, I noticed Noah's expression and it gave me shivers. He was seething and his hands curled into fists and uncurled in a cycle as if he was struggling to not punch the wall.

He was wrathful.

"I'm calm. Explain." I said curtly.

"Someone pushed Uncle this early morning." He said tightly. "One of the guards saw him fall through the glass from outside while patrolling."