4 | they're missing

"I still can't believe Noah went with Salvo to that race

"I still can't believe Noah went with Salvo to that race." Apollo chuckled, shaking his head.

"And those assholes went without me," Ares grumbled to his twin.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Of course, only Ares would be pissed off that someone got in trouble without him. "And that is is a good thing. You would've gotten grounded and perhaps worst."

"I'm already grounded for a year. Quite frankly, I don't give a shit." Ares gave me a cold glare that would have sent anyone else than in this family running. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on me and Ares should have known better than talking to me like that.

"Ares, I will allow this comment slip once," I said in my motherly stern tone, as my brothers liked to call it. "You're lucky Father or Ace isn't here to hear you. Otherwise, your already limited life choices will be more limited."

Ares scoffed but kept silent. Good.

Three of us were in the living room, laying down on the couches with the TV on. Ace and Father were in one of the offices, discussing Noah and Salvo's punishment. Alex - the only one who still didn't know what was going on - was down in one of the warehouses, dealing with traitors. We all waited for Salvo and Noah to come home.

I could be in there with father and Ace but someone had to watch out for these idiots. Especially Ares. I was concerned he would attempt to go and join Salvo and Noah. He was impulsive enough to do so. Ares, the complete opposite of his twin, was angry all of the time. I knew he struggled with controlling his anger or stopping from erupting at the littlest things. His impulsive way of doing things didn't help either.

It wasn't always this way.

Ares would do anything for Ariana and was the one who played with her most time before she was gone. He used to be a bubbly, happy child who loved his little sister very dearly. When our sister was kidnapped, Ares developed a deep hatred for Cata who took Ariana away from him. Which led to the anger issues he has now. Because Cata was out of his reach, he lash out at the world instead.

He wasn't the only one who hated Cata, though. All of us did in many different ways, even Apollo who didn't hold grudges and joked all of the time, and Salvo who was the charming one, acting like nothing bothered him.

God help Cata if we ever get our hands on her. We would give her no mercy.

I heard footsteps from the front door. I got on my feet, thinking it was Salvo and Noah. But it was only Alex. His face was cold, his eyebrow furrowed, and his mouth in a tight line. Ace may be the most dangerous and intimidating leader but Alex was the scariest out of all of us seven. His scarred eyes filled with rage with the promise of death didn't help.