42 | the blackmail

Once I stepped out into the hospital corridor, Ares slammed the door shut behind me

Once I stepped out into the hospital corridor, Ares slammed the door shut behind me. I was startled and shot him a questioning look. He shushed me with a finger over his mouth. I scoffed quietly.

"Goodbye," I said and made my way to my temporary hospital room. 

"What?!" Ares exclaimed and curled his hand around my arm, stopping me from taking another step. "But I asked you to talk and you accepted!"

"Sorry to inform you of this but you've just been used to being my cue to leave." I deadpanned. "Let me go. I'm tired and I want to sleep."

"You can take a nap after I talk with you." Ares offered.

"I'm too tired and you're giving me a headache right now."

"How am I giving you a headache?" Ares scowled and crossed his arms. "I just want to talk with you, what's wrong with that."

"What's wrong is that you're so ugly that it gives me a major painful headache. I can't stand another second around you right now." I muttered, jerking my arm backward until he let me go.

Disbelief and a bit of anger flashed in his eyes. He opened his mouth harshly but closed it and took a deep breath. He ran a hand over his face. "Five minutes of your time and I'll back off, I promise."

"Hmm." I pretended to think deeply about it with a hand on my chin. My face morphed into one of surprise as if an idea pooped into my mind. "I got it!" I leaned closer to Ares. "What about zero minutes? Sounds good?"

He sighed. "Please?" He pleaded with his hands interwoven together in front of me and made puppy eyes with a slight pout.

"That puppy eyes don't work on me." I crossed my arms. "If anything, it makes me want it to gouge your eyes out."

"As if." He scoffed. "You're not even strong enough."

Asshole.

"I can always get Alex." I retorted. "I have a feeling he'll be more than happy to do it for me."

"You can't even fight your own battle?" He raised his eyebrows mockingly.

"Why does it matter if I'm the one who fights or not if I win in the end," I said. "You're just saying that because you know you'll lose."

"Fine." Ares bit out. "You make a fair point. One minute of your time." He bargained.

"No. Goodbye." I spun around only for him to grab my arms again.

"If you touch me again, I'll scream." I threatened. Luca, Nico, Ace, and Alex were right next in the room beside us. They would come running if I did. By then I would be free. Plus Ares was already wasting my time.

"Just one minute of your time!" He persisted.

"You already had one and half of mine!" I snapped. "The precious one and half minutes of my life wasted by a jerk." I made an act of wrinkling my nose in disgust and regret.