39 | trigger my emotions

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry." Father's voice broke as Uncle Nico finished his explanation. He had woken up just thirty minutes ago. Luca had stormed in, grabbing him by the collar and demanding why he lay a finger on her daughter. I had stood behind with a stoic expression, reining in my burning hatred for him. He may be not the one who raped Ariana but he was still the suspect to be the traitor. We came up with a theory that he worked alongside Gio since he somehow winded up in the wing that was forbidden to him. 

Elijah had stopped us from harming Nico even further, seeing the genuine panic in Nico's eyes as he tried to silently tell us there was something we didn't know. Father had released his brother slowly and demanded an explanation.

That's when Nico informed us Gio was the one who violated Ari, as I and Father knew. Nico wasn't the traitor working with him. Rather, Nico had saved Ariana. Hearing the position Nico had found them in sent yet another big fireball of hatred into the chemicals of anger inside me - ready to explode anytime. I managed to rein it in, saving the anger to release it upon Gio.

Luca looked even angrier. He was close to his brothers growing up and this betrayal was killing him from the inside out. I could see the acceptance and I knew Giovanni, his brother, was dead to him. All left of him was merely his daughter's rapist and tormenter. When he got his hands on him - when Alex returned him to us - he would raise the hell to a whole new level.

If Alex didn't yet. Which was doubtful. A satisfaction filled me, knowing somewhere out there, Gio was currently screaming in pain under my most psychotic brother's clutches. It was the only thing that kept me from erupting completely from my emotions. 

Nico only gave him a tight smile that didn't meet his eyes. "It's alright, Lu. I'm the idiot who covered up for that asshole. I'm the one who should be sorry. This happened because of me."

"Yeah, you should be sorry." Alex snapped from the doorway and I gave him a warning glance, but he didn't step down a bit. We didn't see him since he dragged Gio off until now. I honestly didn't expect him at least for another few days. I instantly knew he came back only because of Ariana.

"Alex," Father warned, twisting his head around to look at him.

He ignored his father's warning. "My sister had been raped because you covered up for him." He snarled to Nico. "You think we'll forgive you that easily?"

"He saved her," I told him tensely. "It's not his fault."

"Not on time." Alex bit out.

"I'm sorry," Nico said and I could see the tears building inside his eyes. He was an older muscled man and covered with tattoos, yet he had no problem with displaying his emotions. It was simply Nico's personality. He was sensitive as Ares. Only Ares covered that up with being a prick.