17 | the lost mafia princess

"Here's your ticket

"Here's your ticket." 

"Thanks, man." A slender young man grabbed the ticket waiting in the hands of the man at the concession. He received a nod in return and yelled, "Next!"

The slender one got out of the line and joined his group of three. They went through a door and when they entered it was like Narnia. A whole world inside. It was loud. People screaming their unneeded advice. People were jumping up and down and pushing each other aside. It was dim. The lights were focused on the middle of the large club. In the middle was a cage with two bruised and bloodlust people going for each other faces.

There was a crack as one of them punched one another in the stomach. He let out a groan as he stumbled back. The crowd roared their support at the winning fighter.

"Theodore, man, this is awesome!" A friend told the young man and he grinned at the friend.

"Told you so." Theodore threw up his hands around him. Watching the underground fighting was his favorite hobby and tonight his favorite undefeated fighter was on today; Salvo Romano.

For the final match, Salvo Romano would be up on there in less than ten minutes and the crowd was getting excited. More people began filing inside and soon the whole field would be full.

"Drinks?" A man walking around through the crowd catering drinks on a tray with strings attached around his neck shouted and Theodore shot his hand to stop him, thanking God that fake IDs existed.

"Three beers." Theodore requested for himself and his friends and shoved the money into the man's hands when he was handed over the beers. 

"Thanks, man." One of his friends, Larry replied when he handed him a beer. "Who did you get on for the final match?"

"Dude, did you have ear wax in or something on the ride here?" The other friend, Daniel scoffed. "It's Salvo Romano, of course. Theodore wouldn't shut up about him!"

"Everybody here's betting on him," Theodore murmured. "They would be stupid if they didn't."

"Next up: an assassin with more than four hundred kills by hand in a year, will be fighting against the famous undefeated fighter that everybody knows here, Salvo Romano!" The mic announced. The crowd roared and Theodore joined in. Salvo came on the pillar. He used the usual grin on his face, basking in the support from the crowd. The assassin was the opposite, stone-faced, and was shooting daggers at his opponent with his eyes. He was cracking his knuckles and did a few stretching exercises.

Salvo, on the hand, looked unbothered. Theodore watched in amazement as the assassin ran forward towards him, eager to beat the undefeated fighter. But unfortunately for him, Salvo was an undefeated fighter for a good reason. When he was close with his arms behind him with his hand in a fist, ready to punch his face, Salvo ducked and put his hand around his assassin's back of his knees and pulled backward.