49 | scar made of my anger

"I can't believe we just did that!" Salvo said as he shook his head in disbelief and bent it down to slurp up the drink on the table

"I can't believe we just did that!" Salvo said as he shook his head in disbelief and bent it down to slurp up the drink on the table. His words didn't make me believe that he was seriously worried, though. The glimmer of mischief in his eyes convinced me otherwise. He was probably feeling the adrenaline running in his veins, just like I was feeling it too. 

"Father's going to kill us." Ares ran a hand down his face, sitting in the opposite seat of the booth we were currently in. sitting in. I sat at the window side and Salvo was next to me.

"Worth it." I grinned. I plucked a fry from a red bag with McDonald's logo on it and popped it into my mouth.

"Don't you want ketchup with that?" Ares asked for the hundredth time with a wrinkle on his face.

I sighed in frustration and looked at my annoying brother with a deadpan look. "As I said for the fourth time, no, I do not need any sauce."

"How could you not have any sauce?" Salvo chimed in with quiet outrage. "Fries without one is just plain."

"And you dipped your fries in your milkshake!" Ares cried out, wrinkling his face in disgust.

"It's delicious!" As if I could show them it visibly, I took a fry and dipped it in my Oreo milkshake, and swallowed it down in a bite. "You're all missing out. I feel sorry for you both."

"I feel sorry for you and your delusions," Ares muttered. Salvo nodded to agree with his brother's statement which I rolled my eyes at.

"Jesus, just fucking try it."

"Language, Ari," Ares said under his breath but both of us heard it.

"Don't be such an Elijah." Salvo retorted and I chuckled at that. We both received a glare from Ares.

Sneaking out was much easier than I predicted, which worked out in my favor. I merely disabled the cameras and I requested Ares to divulge the guards' attention to the other locations. No bodyguards had enough rank to disobey a Romano. Of course, he wanted to join us afterward which I quickly gave in earlier and easier than I usually would because I simply did not have the energy to argue with my annoying brother.

Salvo drove off straight to here once Ares jumped into the car with us. Once someone noticed the disabled camera, they would be setting off the alarms. With that problem in mind, we agreed we would be only here for an hour before going back to perhaps to be our demise waiting at the Romano residence.

Salvo and Ares began to bicker with each other and I, not being in the mood to speak anymore, darted my eyes away to explore my surroundings. There weren't so many people around but surprisingly a high number for the middle of the night. An annoyingly, giggling teen couple sat in a booth behind Ares where he sat. On the opposite side of the room to us, an elderly man sat alone, chewing his hamburger. A middle-aged woman was ordering something from the tired-looking cashier opposite front of me in the room.