48 | milkshake and fries

"My life's over!" Apollo moaned as he banged his head on the counter in the kitchen

"It's not that bad," Elijah said gently as he stopped his little brother from hitting himself again by slipping his palm underneath his head so his head hit the soft skin instead of the hard marble table. "Don't hurt yourself."

"It's embarrassing!" Apollo shrieked. "You don't know how it feels like."

"I do." I chimed in, snickering from my seat on a bar stool. Elijah - in an apron that I found matched his vibe - was making some homemade pasta for dinner - currently putting in all the ingredients for the dough. Apollo sat on the other end of the bar stools. The maids usually made the meals but Elijah was in a cooking mood now so he was making dinner for us.

"You!" Apollo pointed a finger at me. "It's your fault."

I smirked. "You tried to embarrass me first. Deal with it."

"Did you do this?" Elijah asked sternly.

"Of course, she did! Who else?" Apollo snapped.

"He deserved it," I informed Elijah and shrugged.

"Ariana!" Elijah scolded, withdrawing from his food craft to put his hands on his hips. "That wasn't nice of you. Apollo is upset because of you."

"That's the point," I muttered under my breath.

"What did she do?" I heard Noah say and I looked over my shoulder to see him entering the kitchen. I grinned at him and he did it back to me. He came up behind me and soothingly rubbed my back.

"She patted my back earlier and stuck a picture of my naked ass when I was a toddler on my back with a tape. I left for work - work! I was off collecting money from people and they kept laughing at me. Do you know how it feels when you threaten them with their life and all they do is laugh in your face? I'm a fucking Romano and with that picture, nobody took me seriously! It's humiliating!" Apollo wailed the last words out. "I didn't even notice until Elijah told me."

All of us burst into laughter, even Elijah snicker once even though he tried to hide it. Apollo shot the latter a betrayed look.

"Seriously, Elijah? I thought you were on my side!"

He cleared his throat and his laughing faded. "Right, yes. Ariana," he turned to me and spoke sternly. "you shouldn't have done that. Pranks are fine but public humiliation is a big no-no."

"Apollo started it!" I cried out, directing my index finger to him. "He pushed me into Ace's office during a meeting! An important one and I was even more humiliated!"

"Snitch!" Apollo shot me a furious glare and I returned it equally.

"Look who's talking." I hissed.

"Apollo!" Elijah turned to him, shocked. "Why would you do that?"