190: Is it fine now?

Start from the beginning

"But why?" Nejire sounded confused.

Neji shrugged his shoulders. He had consulted the system about this before, and its answer was like this-

[Although the humans of this world can't see the dungeons, let's not forget the ones who would be coming are Gods, the strongest of them even. The Gamer System isn't absolute, or I could just give you an "Invincibility Buff" when the Gods would come. However, there certainly are limits, and those Limits can be breached by the Gods. They would be able to see the dungeon, and it wouldn't be hard for them to break into the Tower either. If you remember, the Ogres talked about "Outer Gods" once, correct? They obviously came from the outside back then.]

"In short, the Gods can see the [Dungeons], and they'd also be able to break inside as they wish, so hiding inside would only delay our demise, and even then the delay wouldn't be that long," Neji said, as Ryukyu looked half surprised and half concerned.

"Anyway, the reason I am telling you all about this now is that we are going to enter the Dungeon in UA-High right away."

"Huh? But isn't that meaningless since the Gods would find us-"

"I am not going there to hide," Neji interrupted Momo. "I am going there to harvest powers, magic spells, and so on."

"Ah..." Momo blinked, realising what he meant. "Yeah, there should still be two Directional Beasts alive. The dragon should suit Ryukyu, yes. Though I have no idea about the tortoise one."

"We will think about it later. Anyway, form a circle by grabbing each other's hand, I am going to teleport to the entrance of the dungeon."

The girls first exchanged glances and then did so, as Neji touched a hand from each end of the circle and activated his quirk, «Teleportation».

—★—

After putting his unconscious girls inside his inventory, Neji didn't enter the dungeon immediately.

He had one thing left to do. One important thing...

"You should have brought Aunty Nejire and Momo too, you know."

...Something that was certainly wrong to do without Nejire and Momo, but at the same time something that would hurt them more than now if they were present.

Neji had teleported to where his parents had died.

"I don't want to give them false hope."

He said to Kurai, patting the cat's little head as she purred. She as well was sad, very much so, and ashamed too. She probably blamed herself for not being a true Death God yet. Maybe she could have revived them if she was one?

'That must be what she is thinking.'

This cat was family to Neji, it was the same for the other way around. Kurai loved him a lot, so she naturally loved her grandparents, their death wasn't a small deal to her, Neji knew, he could tell. He felt her emotions; her sadness, fury and despair, thoroughly when they were Fused.

She was as enraged and sad as he was.

"Anyway, please stay silent, Kurai. I will do my job." Neji patted her one last time and then looked over at where his parents had died.

The puddle of blood left behind by their bodies, he looked at it.

Unfortunately, the puddle had dried out by then... The sheer fact that he couldn't even tell which part of the blood belonged to who enraged him. However, wasn't the killer already dead? His rage could only be set on the World itself.

Neji sighed and shook his head. Then, he put a hand on the dried blood, activating the quirk that he stole from AFO-

«Rewind»