Chapter 8: Three years later (1)

Chapter 8

Title: Three years later (1)

····

The periwinkle-haired mature woman, Gara was sipping tea, a drink she liked more than coffee – unlike her soul mate. With a book on her lap, she was smiling and looking at the floor where her two children were playing.

Nejire and Neji. Her 6-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son, who unlocked his Quirk this morning – the reason she didn't go to her work today. Such an achievement was too important for her to care about her work, and besides, it didn't matter much with her subordinates working on the projects already.

She stared ahead as Nejire pointed her finger towards the outside, Neji's gaze following soon after.

"Neji, Neji, where is your quirk?? Come on, show me!" Her energetic daughter asked excitedly, as her son nodded and pointed his hands towards the open window in the distance.

Normally, other parents would stop their children from using their quirks inside their house, but Gara didn't mind as long as her children were happy, not that a little damage even mattered. Looking as two golden spiral waves left Neji's hands, going forward and out of the window, she whistled in awe, impressed. She didn't expect her son to have such accuracy.

"Oh-oh! It really is my quirk!" Nejire blurted out, bringing the little boy in a hug. "I heard you named it "Surge" just like mine?! Did you deliberately match it with your sister? Oh Neji, you are so cute!"

A soft giggle left Gara's lips seeing her daughter rub her cheeks against Neji, as she waited for Neji's reaction. This little guy is cute, just like Nejire said, and all his reactions were cute too.

"Mhhm, of course," Neji said, hugging her back. "The world's cutest sister deserves the most love, so I wanted to show my love by doing this. Do you like it?"

While Gara listened to her son's words amusingly, Nejire pulled her face backwards, looking at his face with glittering eyes. "I like it, I like it very much, Otouto!" Nejire then leaned forward to his face before surprising Gara by starting to kiss him on his left cheek, then going for his right. But just as she brought her face closer to his lips, a finger came in between their two lips.

"Aha, nope," Gara said, her finger stopping their lips from touching. "No kissing on the lips, kids. It's bad."

Immediately, Nejire released the hug and looked at Gara, confused, her head tilting. "But you and daddy do that all the time."

Gara flinched hearing this. She then somehow managed to release a fake cough. "Ahem — it's normal for couples to kiss on the lips. You two are siblings, so you can't do that."

A few seconds later, while Nejire nodded reluctantly, Neji shrugged.

-

'Of course, incest is bad. Who would have thought?' Neji sighed under his breath as he recalled an incident from his past life. 'Not me, since losing my virginity to my 16-years-old cousin at the age of 9 apparently messed with my mind.'

If not for the internet, he might have always believed it's normal to have such relationships with family members. Luckily he didn't have any trauma, at least not one he was aware of. 'Either way, mom is right. I am not desperate for Nejire to share a romantic relationship with me, I am fine as things are. Though... if she really wants, I won't refuse. She is cute after all.'

Anyway, "Mommy, I am sleepy." With his stamina bar resting at [10/110], Neji could only yawn as Gara got up from her seat and picked him up in her embrace, kissing him on the forehead.