127: Conquest

Chapter 127: Conquest

The next day, nothing special happened in school. Neji knew nothing special would happen in the next two months either.

After classes ended, Neji decided not to go to the dungeons that day.

"Enjoy your time with Rumi," Neji said, stepping in his car. "I don't think she wants me to know about this meeting, so just talk things out amongst yourselves..."

"Okay," Momo said. "But, where are you going? Not going to the other dimension today?"

The window of the car rose as Neji, wearing his round sunglasses, smiled. "Well, I have things to take care of."

The window closed and the car started to move before Momo could say anything.

She stared at the back of the car for a second before getting into her own car and telling her driver to drive to the place where Rumi wished to meet at.

Minutes later, she walked inside the multistory high-class cafe.

"I have a reservation." She said to the manager. "Can you please check it?"

The cashier nodded and told her the table number she was supposed to go to. When she went there, going up a few floors by the elevator, she found Mirko already sitting while gazing outside the see-through glass wall.

Momo stopped for a moment to calm down her nerves and relax the anxiety she felt. She was certainly nervous, meeting the number-6 Pro Hero out in the wild like this. More so, they were probably going to discuss about Neji, which made her more unsettled.

After a while, she walked to the table and smiled at Mirko.

"Hello, Mirko. Nice to meet you."

Mirko smiled too, taking away her gaze from outside. "The pleasure is certainly mine. Thanks for coming here on such short notice. Please take a seat."

Momo did so. "But of course. You are after all my boyfriend's mentor, temporary or not."

Rumi smiled nervously at that, though she quickly hid it.

"Anyway. We can talk over a cup of coffee." She waved her hand as one of the passing waiters who came to them leaned over. "Now, please help yourself, and no need to call me Mirko, just Rumi is fine."

Rumi said, placing her own order and watching Momo nod.

"Alright," Momo said before turning to the waiter and placing her own order.

The waiter went away and came back not so long after that, making sure the famous Pro Hero wasn't dissatisfied.

"Oh, quick service." Momo sounded impressed. "I actually don't come here that often, but this seems like a nice place."

Rumi laughed as she took a sip off her Espresso. "You should check this place out then. Quite a good place, for coffee at least."

Momo humoured her with a giggle, as they continued to talk about random stuff for the next two minutes. Then, Rumi softly put the cup down, her expression calm. Though a person with good eyes would be able to see nervousness hidden under that.

"Let's not beat around the bush. I am not good at that." Rumi said, looking directly at Momo. "...I slept with your boyfriend when he was living with me during his internship."

Momo stayed silent, her expression calm as Rumi waited. She waited until Momo finally spoke, "I see... But how do you expect me to react?"

"..."