Chapter 62: Battle Training (3)

All Might observed the dozens of monitors in front of him while standing in front of the gathering of students. 

The students were still muttering under their breaths because the match hadn't begun yet. Both teams were given 5 minutes to prepare.

Neji and Momo were villains, while Midoriya and Bakugo were heroes. All Might was very interested to see how this would end. 

UA knew every students' past schools, so All Might knew that Momo and Neji were familiar with each other, but the same went for Izuku and Bakugo too. All Might wasn't as familiar as he was with Izuku unlike the canon, so he wasn't aware of Izuku and Bakugo's past relationship and instead thought putting two friends against another pair of friends would be fair. 

More so, All Might knew three out of the four students. Neji, he knew him from that one time in the sky, he recognised him because of his enhanced memories, Bakugo and Izuku however were a recent memory, only a year old. He recalled telling them how brave they were against the sludge villain, he recalled how he praised them, and he recalled how everything went smoothly. 

...He felt like something was wrong, but he discarded it as just his imagination since he couldn't point it out no matter how much he tried.

Though he surely didn't know that Bijok's momentarily enhanced quirk had manipulated his memories.

He coughed in his mouth which brought him back to the situation at hand. There was 2 minute left until the match started, and he was looking forward to it. 

—★—

"Don't follow me, Deku!"

Midoriya followed behind Bakugo slowly.

"Why?" He asked simply. "We need to work together here. You think you can beat that kid alone?"

"Of course I can!"

Bakugo turned to face Midoriya, his palms creating small sparks. 

"At least I am not weak enough to fall for cheap tricks of a spoiled little girl."

Izuku observed Bakugo with a small smile on his face, this guy would have normally grabbed him by the collar and threatened him by now, maybe even beat him. But look at him now. So tame. Is he acting tame because of UA High or because of the incident where he got his life saved by the great Midoriya? 

"You should know best that not all quirks are as direct as yours, you're smart, Kacchan."

He was right. Izuku does have a strong quirk, Bakugo could tell that much, but in that game his quirk wasn't the 'best', after all, it wasn't actually telekinesis.

Izuku smiled smugly. There wasn't even an ounce of thought in his mind telling him that this was all an 'act', because now, he truly was an arrogant young master.  

"Listen to my plan first then decide what to do." 

At his words, Bakugo's lips twitched. He wanted to blast this nerd's face right now, but… a part of him was reluctant. Tsk, he wasn't so mentally weak before. What happened?

He simply groaned and allowed Midoriya to speak his mind as his frown deepened. 

"Is this good enough?"

This is what he hated about this bastard. He was… smarter than himself. Even if Izuku did lose the match with that black-haired girl, that was just him taking her lightly, but now that the broccoli was serious… Bakugo hated to say it, but he was the smartest one among them.