106: Internship (3)

Chapter 106: Internship (3)

Far from Pro Hero Mirko's city, inside a dark bar, Hero Killer Stain stood opposite Shigaraki who was sitting comfortably on a chair in front of the bar table.

"...I see." Stain muttered softly. "So you two were the heads behind UA's assault?"

Kurogiri kept polishing a glass without a word while Shigaraki chuckled in a harsh voice.

"Exactly."

Stain took in the confirmation before speaking again. "And you want me to join your little gang?"

Shigaraki leaned his side on the bar table. "Yeah. When it comes to being a villain, you are a pro. Are you not? Just like us."

"...And what are you after?" Stain asked after a while.

"Our main goal is to kill All Might."

At Shigaraki's words, Stain's eyes widened ever so slowly. Before he frowned at the next words.

"I also want to destroy everything I don't like," Shigaraki said as he slipped out a photo from his pockets. "Like this little brat, for instance. Argh, he even looks so annoying..."

Stain looked at the picture for a second. Silver white hair that was reflecting light from the surface, and blue cosmic eyes. He didn't know much about this kid, however, from what he learned from eavesdropping around the city, this kid came first in the recently held Sports Festival of UA.

The news that Neji was the one to subdue the villains in USJ is confidential. The general public didn't know of it, because while that would make Neji seem like a compelling future Pro, that would also devalue the worth of UA teachers, at the same time.

Since Stain didn't know about that, he was naturally curious why Shigaraki wanted to kill the boy. However, that curiosity vanished in thin air immediately as he deemed it unneeded.

Slowly, Stain unsheathed his blades. "It's ridiculous that you really had my interest for a second there..." he was kind of drawn in when Shigaraki said he wanted to eliminate All Might. "But, heh. You are the type I hate the most."

This child inside a man's body was just like any other villain who worked for personal goals. No, he was worse since he was just throwing a tantrum here.

And so, as Shigaraki prepared for a fight himself, Hero Killer Stain ran at him at a blinding speed.

—★—

Neji was stunned when he stepped inside the house.

"Uh..."

At his exclamation, Rumi turned around. "What? Too empty for your liking?"

Neji observed the almost empty room with slight surprise. In this particular room, there was only a kitchen to cook, and a table to eat.

"I mean... anyone would expect something more from Japan's number 6 hero, you know," Neji said as he eyed the kitchen for a bit more. "At least it seems you got a lot of fridges."

"Heh, that I do."

Rumi turned around and continued walking to the kitchen again.

"There is actually a dedicated freezer room in the house. If not, you'd have seen more of them."

While speaking, she opened one of the many fridges that were laid side by side, before taking out a box of coke and a bag of ice.

"You gotta eat as much as you gotta train, after all." Rumi put the box down on the dining table and then threw a Can at Neji who caught it midair while she put the bag of ice over her bloody nose. "Sit down, it's unhealthy to drink while standing."