166: Misunderstanding

Chapter 166: Misunderstanding

-

Sir Nighteye decided to leave the city and go to UA asap so that he can try to save Mirio from death. He'd also need to figure out why nukes would be coming to Japan and how he should stop them, or at least survive against them.

He didn't like abandoning the city when lots of civilians would face death just because of his absence, but it was his style to always pick the most rational choice. Saving them won't matter now if nukes were coming in a few days.

That's why, when the sun finally rose Nighteye took his sidekicks and a few of the other heroes to head for UA. He overheard some people calling him a coward, running to UA to gain All Might's protection, but he could care less about other people's opinions.

Nighteye's car was attacked midway while traveling, so they had to abandon it and fight off the villains before hijacking a truck, as unheroic as that may be.

After a long 4 hours, he finally reached the gate of UA high, which was sealed and protected by many kinds of alarms and shock devices.

"Hey, can you hear me?" Nighteye said to the wall, knowing well there are multiple microphones hidden here. "It's Sir Nighteye, I wish to go inside."

There was silence for a minute, making the heroes behind Nighteye doubt if people could really hear him, but after a bit more a voice came from within the gate.

["Hello, Nighteye. It's me, Nezu. I was actually waiting for when you'll arrive. Please come in, someone will guide you to me."]

'So he already guessed I would be here...' Nighteye liked Nezu because of his scary ability to predict, even though there was more than one part of the mouse that he wasn't fond of.

The gate trembled as it was retracted back into the wall, allowing entrance for Nighteye as he walked in with the heroes following him. The gate closed itself behind them as Nighteye noticed a woman wearing a white skin-tight costume walk over to them with her face strangely apathetic, as if she couldn't feel emotions.

"Follow me, Principal wants to see you... you alone." said the Pro Hero Midnight as she didn't even wait for an answer and turned to walk away.

That was surprising. Nighteye was expecting the teachers to be sad, true, but they were professionals. Wasn't this a bit too much? Either way, he followed her after giving out some orders to his sidekicks.

After entering a building, Nighteye was guided to a door where Midnight stopped.

"This is the place. That's all, I will be going." she did as she said, walking away dryly, not even trying to sway her hips like usual.

Shaking his head, Nighteye knocked on the door and received a call to enter almost immediately.

Going in, he found the people he was concerned about. All Might and Mirio, sitting on a couch opposite Nezu.

"Come, sit down. We really needed you, you know." Nezu said as Nighteye walked and took the couch between them, sitting as he kept looking at Mirio, who looked down in shame.

"I am sure we don't have to explain what happened to Mirio, seeing you're already here," Nezu said, taking a sip of his tea but Nighteye shook his head.

"You have to explain, actually. If you didn't know, I have Future Sight, not Past Sight." he said in a stern tone while the mouse chuckled.

"Hah, well All Might please go ahead." Nezu handed over the responsibility to All Might who nodded with thin lips.

Nighteye was surprised why All Might was in his muscle form, wasn't he scared to run out of time?

"So where do I start..."