Chapter 28: We're out (2)

Chapter 28: We’re out (2)

–Nighteye–

“Ssip…” he sipped coffee from the cup while his gaze was fixed on the television.

[“So, All Might. Why did you and Sir Nighteye separate?’] A reporter asked All Might, who seemed very uncomfortable with the question. [“Please, just say something! You’ve been avoiding this topic for almost 2 years!”]

An unintentional sigh left Nighteye’s nostrils as he watched All Might turn down the reporter.

Just recently, Sir Nighteye stopped being All Might's sidekick.

The news shook the entirety of Japan. What might have happened between these two famous partners for them to go their separate ways?

Not many people knew, but the reason was the aftermath of All Might's fight with All for One.

Sir Nighteye, with his <Future Sight>, had seen All Might's ending. He had tried convincing All Might to quit Heroism, but of course – All Might didn’t listen. He, in the end, was the Symbol of Peace.

But we don’t talk about that, do we? Everyone already knows about this. There is another reason for this sudden mention; Sir Nighteye has seen something else.

Destruction.

Devastation.

Cataclysm.

Slaughter.

He saw all these horrors in his visions of the future.

Someone was screaming, someone was crying, someone was giving up with their bodies under the debris of buildings.

There was death and destruction everywhere, nothing made sense – reality itself was distorting.

Amongst all this – within a sea of flames, a silver-haired man was on his knees with a fiery blade coming out of his chest. Beside him, a bunch of women were lying – some of them had their limbs cut off while some were… dead.

The last thing he saw before the vision ended was a black cat the size of a skyscraper starting to rampage around the destroyed world...

The vision ended here.

After this, he wasn't confident enough to look too far in the future again, just like in canon – albeit this time the trauma was a lot more stronger. So he didn't get any chance to research this future a bit more.

Ignoring the trauma, many questions popped up in his mind. Who was that silver-haired man? The vision had ‘focused’ on his dying figure, things were shown from his perspective, so he was clearly not just any normal guy caught in the middle of the destruction.

More so – Nighteye was looking into All Might’s future, so the things he was supposed to see should be related to All Might. The vision of destruction came after he saw All Might's death, so it means he wasn't seeing All Might’s future anymore… his quirk never acted this way, so why now?

Unsurprisingly, for a smart person like Nighteye, he easily deduced the reason – it was, One for All.

His <Future Sight> wasn’t looking into All Might’s future, but rather into that man’s quirk, One for All’s future.