149: Fusion (3)

Chapter 149: Fusion (3)

"Mommy? What's wrong?" Kurai tilted her head, looking at Kimi and the others just as Nejire jumped and hugged her tightly.

"Is that you, Neji?!" Nejire asked aloud, rubbing her cheeks with Kurai. "Tell me it's you!"

"No, it's not papa. I am Kurai." The white-haired girl responded, frowning at Nejire's cheeks. "Get away from me! You keep using me like a toy all the time, aunty!"

Nejire's smile vanished and she frowned. Her hand rose in the air and her fist fell on the cat-girl's head.

"Didn't I tell you to not call me aunty!?!"

"Grrr..." Kurai flashed her teeth, covering her head and rubbing the impact spot.

"Also, can you stop doing that?" Nejire put her hands on her waist. "You never looked intimidating, and now that you look like a cute catgirl, you only look cute."

"..."

Kurai went silent and Momo leaned over from the side to observe her too.

Momo was really interested in this Fusion thing, as it was beyond anything the current science managed to explain. She was well aware of the 'Magic' that was around Neji and Kurai, but she believed something like magic could also be explained with science if science gets advanced enough. Maybe she was wrong, but she decided to believe that until she was proven otherwise.

Kimi at last wiped her bloody nose and stepped in while clearing her throat. She leaned over to Kurai's face and stared at her cosmic blue eyes.

"Are you in there, young master?"

Kurai stared at Kimi too as she answered her question instead of Neji.

"Yes, he's in there. Though he's in the back of the mind since this is supposed to be an 'unsuccessful' fusion. In a successful one, there'll either be a mixture of our minds or he will be in charge." Kurai spoke in a childish tone, even though her voice sounded like a teenager's.

Kimi's face gained a smug smile at that. "Unsuccessful? I don't see any problem with this though." Her eyes fell to Kurai's chest as she licked her lips.

"Don't even think about it." Kurai suddenly said, "That's what Papa told me to tell you."

Kimi deadpanned but stopped doing whatever she was trying to do.

Suddenly, Kurai's cat ears twitched as she seemed to start talking with someone invisible.

"H-huh? You want to cancel?" She asked the air. "Okay, I don't like this heavy feeling in my chest anyway. What do I do to cancel this?"

"Hey, stay like this for a while~"

Nejire chimed in. "Let us take a photo of Kurai or something! Who knows when we will see her again in a human form!"

Momo shook her head at that. "I don't think that's how Kurai would look like if she was a human. From the eyes and ears... and the proportions of her body, this is mostly just Neji's female version with a bit of tweaking such as the cat ears and tail."

"Ohhhhh~" Nejire's eyes widened. "Female Neji sure would have looked hot."

"Yeah... true." Momo agreed.

But before they could speak any longer, Kurai brought her two fingers from her either hands together in front of her, touching them.

"Like this?" She said before a short silence, she nodded. "Okay. Unfuse!"

Immediately, gold and red light shone and dust of the same colour rose again, but this time it was very small. It soon cleared and Neji and cat Kurai were sitting on the floor again.