177: The Real Dragon Hunt (**)

Chapter 177: The Real Dragon Hunt (**)

A chance.

Ryukyu was vulnerable, emotionally weak, and in need of support.

A vulnerable woman meant an easy woman.

In other words, this was a chance to strike.

Neji could simply reassure her, calm her spirit and slowly make her fall for him. But-

He wasn't going to waste this golden opportunity to just simply comfort her.

He needed something out of this situation.

And he chose her heart as that 'something'.

"Do you like the beating of my heart?"

"...Yes."

Ryukyu was hugging him, resting her face on his chest and breathing calmly now, as Neji sat on the couch with her on his lap.

"It's...charming."

"I see. I got this trait after killing Hisashi, the one who mind-controlled you. I took his quirk from him."

"...So that's how you turned me back to normal."

"Yep."

Neji ran his hand down her hair.

"So don't worry, that man who did all this to you is no more. Instead, I am here beside you, to help you with anything you need."

"..." Ryukyu didn't say anything for a minute or two. "But... does that change anything? I already did those things... It's not as if those people will come back just because that man is dead."

"They wouldn't, yes." Neji stopped moving his hand on her hair. "No matter what type of situation you were in, the people who died by your hands will always remember you as their killer, even in the afterlife."

"...Yes."

"So,"

Neji raised her head up to look into her eyes.

"You can either leave in guilt, quit as a hero even, do anything to try to redeem the victim's families. Or. You assist me."

"Assist?"

Ryukyu looked confused. Neji nodded.

"A great catastrophe is coming down on earth in the future. The world would end, killing all villains and civilians alike, if I am not strong enough. In that scenario, isn't it better for me to simply kill all the villains beforehand, confiscating their quirks so that I can get strong enough to save the world from that catastrophe? At least then, the innocents will still live."

"..."

Ryukyu couldn't doubt his words about the "catastrophe". Neji could control her enough to make her not doubt it. He didn't like brainwashing his girls, but it's better than making her watch the Memory Orb which will fill her mind with 'pain'.

Though it was entirely up to her if she would accept his proposal or not. He wasn't going to brainwash her for that.

"It's a choice. A chance to redeem yourself, truthfully. Save the world, make it a better place with me. I will commit evil, kill villains and such, but in the end it will all be for the greater good- the greatest good this world has yet to see."

Ryukyu looked mesmerised.

Her golden eyes were softly wide as Neji's face reflected on them.

"I... I see."