124: Dungeon (3)

Chapter 124: Dungeon (3)

"So... I thought there was going to be blood shredding?"

"Things don't always go according to plan."

Neji replied to Kimi's question as she watched the Orcs and Ogres playing with wolves, choosing a mount for themselves.

The Lord of the Wolves was shocked and hesitant when Neji proposed this idea in exchange for their lives, but in the end, he accepted it. Wolves were prideful, true, but they cared for their family too much to endanger them for pride.

There were around 60 wolves, amongst them around 20 or so were children. The remaining 40 all were fighters, so the 21 soldiers of Neji could easily choose their favourites.

The problem was, while the Orcs were small enough to ride the wolves, the Ogres were not. Most ogres were double the size of Neji, and only the Lord of the Wolf was big enough for them to ride on.

Less than half of Neji's army was Orcs, and the other part was Ogres. Meaning, amongst the 40 wolves that could be taken as mounts, not even 10 were picked.

"I guess the number would be 10 with you, Andrius." Neji spoke, patting the back of Andrius' head as he sat on top of him, and Kimi was just behind him too. "Two people isn't too much for you, right?"

"...I-it's fine." Andrius seemed to hold back a growl. "It's my honour to have become the mount of a high-human."

"Good puppy." Neji patted his head.

From behind, where Kurai was sitting on Kimi's shoulders, he heard a "hmph!".

Both Neji and Kimi laughed it off as Neji went along with his speech. "Now, since the mounts have been chosen, I think it's time for us to do the deed."

His initial plan was to destroy this wolves tribe and then hunt The White Tiger tomorrow, but since things ended swiftly and quickly here, and it's been only 4 hours since Neji's been here, he felt like he had enough time to challenge the Tiger.

With the dungeon time flowing 10 times faster than the outside world, he had more than 15 hours in here before going outside became necessary.

"Andrius, take us to the Save Stone room."

With a swift nod and very reluctant movements, Andrius leapt and went deep inside the cave.

—★—

The reason the monster factions keep Save Stones in their bases was because the Stones are a condensed form of sheer power. To the monster, if someone requires emergency mana recharge, they just have to softly touch the round blue ball and their mana pool will be filled to its brink.

This was why Andrius, the Dominator of Wolves was shocked when Neji went and shattered the white orb with a fist of Tremor coated punch. Causing a huge burst of harmless mana to pass through their body, giving them a soul-cleansing feeling, which even applied to Neji, and dissipated into the air.

Though it was just a 'feeling', nothing special actually occurred.

"B-but why?! A Save Stone can take months to reform!" Andrius shouted at Neji in confusion. "My faction is yours, so why damage yourself like this?!"

Mursha stepped in front of the wolf. "You damn wolf, lower your tone." She spoke, revealing her teeth.

Mursha had levelled up a lot recently. Most were at the Cyclops hunt when Neji allowed everyone to go for the kill since it was looking like a losing match otherwise. However, even then, she was still only [Level 263] now, which was 21 levels below Andrius. Yet, she didn't look scared at all.