Chapter 12: Can I...

Chapter 12: Can I...

[A/N: Early chapter because I felt I should answer some of the comments real quick. Check out the Author's Note at the end of the chapter for it.]

——

In the drawing-room of the Hado Mansion, Neji was sitting on a couch while Gara's head was between his legs, sitting on the floor.

"Mhm... you're good..." Gara mumbled as she felt a pair of small hands rubbing her shoulders.

"You seriously learned this from Mister Shifu...?" She asked, slight awe in her voice.

The person behind her, Neji, who was massaging her shoulders with his small hands nodded. "Yup." He said. "Or maybe I have natural talent? Who knows, haha."

"Huh, Kid, now you're hiding things from Mama?" Gara turned her face around and narrowed her eyes at Neji.

Neji stuck out his tongue and chuckled. "No, really. I asked Master Shifu to teach me some lethal techniques. He taught me something called Chinese Acupuncture." He rubbed his finger on a precise point of her neck. "This is one of your Pressure Points. Like, if I apply some force here, you'd lose your consciousness immediately."

Gara's body stiffened hearing him but she soon relaxed as Neji again massaged her shoulders. Gara asked, "So, how does that connect with you learning how to massage?"

Neji tilted his head. "Oh, Pressure Points aren't only used to do lethal attacks. If you are good enough, you can cause pleasure instead of pain. I am just mixing in some Acupuncture techniques while massaging you, so you feel as if a professional is doing the job."

Gara smiled and brought Neji down from the couch and laid him on her thighs. She ran her hands through his stomach, tickling Neji. "So my boy is talented in everything? Let me tell you, I have experienced what professional massages feel like before. Although you're lacking in some aspects, it's not far-fetched to say you're close to the real deal."

She leaned down and smudged her face on his stomach, tickling him further, getting a giggle from his end.

As she stopped, Neji gasped for breath. After taking some breaths in, he looked at her. "Anyway, Mom, is your shoulder still stiff? I can keep going."

Gara smiled reassuringly. "It's fine, your hands did their job." Gara has had a long day at work today. When she returned home, her little boy somehow noticed her swollen back and decided to massage her.

Of course, she was only mildly amused. She felt nice just hearing him wanting to help. She let him try his hand at massaging her to not hurt his feelings, but to think he was this good... She was relieved from her shoulder pain in less than 10 minutes, but even if she wasn't – she can't possibly ask her little strawberry to keep massaging her until he tires himself out. What type of mother would do that?

She hugged Neji and placed his head on her chest. "It's noon, time for your nap. Rest for a little."

She heard a muffled 'Un' and kept patting his hair.

«–★–»

I woke up in my bed and looked outside the window. It was evening, the sky was red. I was kind of tired, so this small nap fully energized me.

As for why a normal massage session was so tiring, it's because of this—

[Lvl 2; <Acupuncture Massage> (Active): Your hands are skilled in making people feel relaxed.

Effect: Can cause "DEX + ATK" percent more (pain or pleasure) than normal. The higher the level is, the lower the stamina consumption.]