146: An act

Chapter 146: An act

"P-papa, uhuhu!"

Kurai's claws were digging into Neji's chest in her attempt to hug him tight.

Neji didn't push her away though, he simply patted and rubbed her small head.

Kurai was crying, which got sympathetic looks from both the ogres, orcs and wolves. The wolves could relate the most to the cat as they also had a parental figure right next to them.

Andrius looked at the scene with strange eyes as she nodded softly before speaking in her new voice. "I think we should give them some time. Follow me, children."

The wolves howled and followed Andrius' steps. Musha nodded to Neji too and did the same with her people.

Kurai's sobs were slowly starting to get quieter, so Neji decided to head back to his room.

The bedroom was releasing a soothing scent because of the special wood used to build the room, and the window showed the outside scenery of the forest where cool breezes blew the leaves.

Neji sat down on the soft bed, Kurai on his arms, and they both stayed like that for a few minutes.

After a while, Kurai raised her head to meet his eyes.

"Papa, what is fusion?"

"You got the notification too?" Neji answered her question with his own question. "It's a state where you and I merge to form a 'being' who is both Kurai and Neji."

"Uh..." Kurai tilted her head, seemingly confused but she grinned soon. "Let's try it then!"

"We will do it soon, don't worry." Neji reached out his hand to wipe her tears. "But first, where is your mommy? And your grandparents and aunty Momo's parents too."

Kurai seemed sad at his refusal but nodded her head nonetheless. "They're all in my inventory. They're fine. Do I take them all out?"

"Uh, no." Neji shook his head. "Just take Kimi out."

Neji didn't want his parents to see all this dungeon and stuff. They're better off sleeping for now.

Kurai nodded to his words and pulled out Kimi from within the empty air, putting her body on the soft bed.

Neji reached out his hand and massaged her neck, causing her body to stir slowly as she soon opened her eyes and sat up.

"Mhm-" her droopy eyes landed on Neji as they sprung up. She jumped and hugged his neck. "Young master! You're fine!"

Her arms were trembling around him and her breathing was almost shaky. But her body calmed down the moment Neji's arms wrapped around her.

"I am fine, yes. Good to see you're doing okay too." Neji whispered in her ears. "Didn't expect things to go ballistic like this."

Kimi didn't say anything, only made an agreeing sound. She was planning to hug him for a while more but... something squeaky yelled from the side.

"Hey! Give me my spot back! Grr!"

Kimi drew her head back and looked at Kurai with a playful frown. She reached out her hand and flicked a finger on the cat's skull.

"Ouch!"

"Hmph, you nearly gave me a heart attack. 'Papa is dead!' My ass!"

"Uhuuhuu!" Kurai covered her head with her hands and looked at Neji with teary eyes. "Papa, mommy is bullying Kurai."

"Yes, yes, indeed." Neji raised his hand in the air and descended it above her ass, gaining a muffled moan from her. "Is this punishment enough? Or do you want me to punish her more?"